Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2015, 21:07
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need information regarding MBA.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Need information regarding MBA. [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 23:18
Hello Gmatclub Members,

[highlight]First of all happy New Year to all of you.[/highlight] :-D

My name is Suman Adhikary. I am a B-Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) with 5 Years of IT experience. I am planning for MBA and start preparing for GMAT. I have set my GMAT exam on 27 May 2012.

I have done my schooling in Bengali medium and B-Tech in English medium. Why I am providing this information because one of my question requires this information to answer.

My questions are –

1.Do I need to take English proficiency test (IELTS or TOFFEL) for getting admission in international b-school after GMAT?
2.Which is the best country for doing MBA in respect of low tuition fee (with in $50000), can work part time while studying and getting job after completion of degree for International student? (Though my preference country are CANADA, New Zealand). But if know any better idea about other country please tell me.
3.I have 68 % in class X, 56.7 % in class XII, 74.2 % in B-Tech, and 5 Years of IT experience. Now if I score 680 + in GMAT do I am eligible for any scholarship?
4.I am so confuse about the 5 institutes which I have to select before the GMAT exam. Please tell me on the basis of my above details.

I am waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks,
Suman Adhikary
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: -4 [0], given: 123

Re: Need information regarding MBA. [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2015, 00:22
Hi All,

I feel these are some questions that really strike some or the other GMAT aspirants from country like India. I don't know why there has been no reply/discussion on these points.
Especially, I would like someone to elaborate on the process of selecting and submitting the 5 school of choice during the exam time.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sam GM

Kudos please...

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 73 [1] , given: 34

Re: Need information regarding MBA. [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2015, 09:45
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gmt1 wrote:
Hi All,

I feel these are some questions that really strike some or the other GMAT aspirants from country like India. I don't know why there has been no reply/discussion on these points.
Especially, I would like someone to elaborate on the process of selecting and submitting the 5 school of choice during the exam time.

Here is a blog post we recently wrote, which will help you with the b-school selection process: http://mbadecoder.com/b-school-selection/

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

We have a sale for R1 Applicants, until 31st July, 2015!

I'd love to get your "kudos" if my post helped you.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Followers: 133

Kudos [?]: 840 [1] , given: 54

Re: Need information regarding MBA. [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2015, 15:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi gmt1,

The original post is almost 3.5 years old, so it's been 'buried' for quite some time. The answers to most of these questions depend on the individual Schools/Programs that interest you (the same also goes for any scholarship possibilities, since they will vary from School to School). The second question seems arbitrary - how would you even go about defining the "best country" for those circumstances?

As far as the fourth question is concerned, THAT should really be the basis of the whole discussion: Which Schools should you plan to apply to (and why?)?....

There are a variety of factors that go into selecting the School(s) that you'll apply to. Here are some things to think about:

1) Is there a particular company that you want to work for or industry that you want to work in? Certain degrees are more appropriate than others if you have a specific career goal.
2) What do you want your MBA to do for you?
3) Do you want to go to School full-time or part-time?
4) Are you willing to relocate? Are you comfortable with working through a program that is primarily online?
5) Are you going to be applying for scholarships?
6) What are you willing to spend?
Etc.

It's okay if you don't have answers to any of these questions just yet, but you can't expect to find a master list of every possible iteration either. YOU have to define what YOU want out of your MBA, then you should be able to research for those specific details.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Official Guide 2016 Question Breakdown:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/empowergmat-blog-198415.html#p1527977

Rich Cohen
Rich.C@empowergmat.com
http://www.empowergmat.com

GMAT Club Verified Reviews for EMPOWERgmat & Special Discount

EMPOWERgmat Podcast - A Wild Secret About The GMAT Algorithm

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1444

Kudos [?]: 7579 [1] , given: 186

Re: Need information regarding MBA. [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2015, 20:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gmt1 wrote:
Hi All,

To add to what Rich said above - the reason there is usually no reply to such posts is that even if instead of the 5 lines people write about themselves, they give us a 100 page write up on 'who am I', we cannot make these decisions for them. It's a matter of their career - life; they need to decide on their own.

"Which school is best for me?" is a question that requires a lot of due diligence from your side.
What others can tell you is which school is at the top slot in current rankings - the current rankings are based on which factors - which school is located where - how the placements were last year etc. They can guide you on where to find the answers and perhaps answer one or two school specific questions, if they know the answers.

There are right forums where you can go to look for the answers. This is what our blog's business school drop-down list looks like:
Attachment:
Blog Screen.jpg
Blog Screen.jpg [ 293.22 KiB | Viewed 103 times ]

You will find all information on rankings, admissions, deadlines, applications, experiences etc in these posts.

In GMAT Club forum too, you will find a sub forum "Business School Discussions" where people discuss everything about B-schools.
"Ask Experts" forum isn't the right place for 'discussion' and certainly not for 'replies' if you haven't done your research yet.

You can, of course, hire a consultant and have long discussions with him/her about what is suitable but even that will require some work from your side.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Get started with Veritas Prep GMAT On Demand for $199

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: -4 [0], given: 123

Re: Need information regarding MBA. [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2015, 22:23
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and links..

Regards,
Sam GM

Kudos please...

Re: Need information regarding MBA.   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2015, 22:23