Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

need inspiration-Gmat

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

need inspiration-Gmat [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2008, 17:43
Ok, so i totally need help. I have bought the Kaplan, Offical Guide, Priceton review books for the gmat. Here's my dilemma- how do i start studying???? i mean do i just pick up a book and go through it, I talked to a co-worker who took the kaplan course, and she said that everything they teach is right in the book. I took a pracitice score and got in the 500's :(.. anyone willing to help give me some guidance ?

thanks,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: need inspiration-Gmat [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2008, 04:41
I had same dilemma exactly 1 week about about how to start it. But now I can say that at least I have started. I started reading SC theory from PR verbal workout book and then moved on to solving OG questions. For RC you have to chose your own set of rules about how you are going to attack the passages from OG, so start doing them and see which method suits you best. For CR "Powerprep Logical Reasoning Bible" is excellent book. Finish this book first and then move onto OG, but do remember that this book itself is over 500 pages, so do not try to finish it in within a week. You need to understand the concepts in this book so take good time may be atleast 15 days or so. But I will say before starting RC do finish up first four chapters of "Powerprep Logical Reasoning Bible".
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: need inspiration-Gmat [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2008, 20:55
Thank you for giving me some directions. How do you advise to tackle the maths, its not so much the problems that i am having trouble with, its like the data sufficiency that i need some help on how to do.
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: need inspiration-Gmat [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2008, 21:10
For DS treat the question and first statement together as one part, and see you help the question or not. If not then start the question afresh but this this time only using second statement and dropping any conclusions from earlier solution, if you can solve it. Even by doing this if there is no solution, then take question afresh alongwith both statement 1 and 2 and see if question can be solved or not.
Re: need inspiration-Gmat   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2008, 21:10