Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 18:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Opinion...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need Opinion... [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 00:23
Hi,

I have been thinking about MBA for quite sometime. But my urge to do an MBA specializing in Strategy/ Finance has grown significantly. However due to age and cost factor it has become very difficult to decide type of MBA (Full Time/ Executive) and schools to target for MBA. I always wanted to do an MBA which will help in advancing my career. It would be great if you can answer the following questions based on my profile as below

1) Whether full time or Executive education is better and which schools prefer higher experience in selecting candidates
2) I would prefer to go to an international school outside India. Which schools will be better for my kind of profile
3)Which MBA will be cost efficient or schools where scholarships are available. or loans at chaper rates are available
4) Any other comment which you think will be helpful for my application.

10th with 77%, 12th with
BE with 70.6% aggregate
worked for 2 yrs in Software before going to US for my Masters Degree. CGPA - 3.46
Worked in US for 6 yrs (as a RF Engineering consultant for Sprint, T-Mobile, Qualcomm etc) before returning to India in 2010 working for last 2 yrs as telecom consultant (RF Engineering) supporting different projects
Total Experience is 10+ yrs

GMAT- yet to take
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Need Opinion... [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 00:59
Hi,

Your have good academics and a remarkable corporate exposure. Per your profile, an executive MBA is the best fit as you have a work experience of more than 10 years. You can target INSEAD MBA Global Executive Program that requires more than five and half years of work experience and the duration of an Executive MBA Programme of INSEAD is 1 year. It offers one of the best courses in Strategy and Finance. Other colleges that you might consider applying for are Duke, HEC Paris, HBS & other top Business Schools.

The next step for you is to focus more on your GMAT Score and application essays for these Business Schools. Scholarship in many of these schools is determined by special scholarship essays where you have to convince the admission committee as why would you require a scholarship. Another important to note here is that for majority of your career you have been involved in engineering practices but you now want an MBA in Finance and Corporate Strategy. You will even have to justify this move in both your personal interview and essays.

Hence it would be highly advisable to seek assistance from professional consultants for guidance on getting a good GMAT score, letters of recommendations and get your essays/scholarship essays evaluated before sending it out along with your application. Also consider taking classes for GMAT preparation to have an eligible GMAT score.

Please visit http://bit.ly/hGDQps to see more about online GMAT classes andhttp://bit.ly/9JBPvY to get details on INSEAD and other Business Schools essay evaluation services and http://bit.ly/Vpb9Za to see Interview experience of INSEAD.

For any clarifications feel free to write us.

Regards
Neha Singh
http://bit.ly/aaPyVI

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need Opinion... [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 09:44
Shweta,
It would be difficult to give you reliable/actionable answers based only on the information you posted. Feel free to send your resume/CV to me at paulbodine@yahoo.com.

--Paul Bodine, Great Applications for Business School, www.paulsbodine.com/testimonials

ShwetaVijlani wrote:
Hi,

I have been thinking about MBA for quite sometime. But my urge to do an MBA specializing in Strategy/ Finance has grown significantly. However due to age and cost factor it has become very difficult to decide type of MBA (Full Time/ Executive) and schools to target for MBA. I always wanted to do an MBA which will help in advancing my career. It would be great if you can answer the following questions based on my profile as below

1) Whether full time or Executive education is better and which schools prefer higher experience in selecting candidates
2) I would prefer to go to an international school outside India. Which schools will be better for my kind of profile
3)Which MBA will be cost efficient or schools where scholarships are available. or loans at chaper rates are available
4) Any other comment which you think will be helpful for my application.

10th with 77%, 12th with
BE with 70.6% aggregate
worked for 2 yrs in Software before going to US for my Masters Degree. CGPA - 3.46
Worked in US for 6 yrs (as a RF Engineering consultant for Sprint, T-Mobile, Qualcomm etc) before returning to India in 2010 working for last 2 yrs as telecom consultant (RF Engineering) supporting different projects
Total Experience is 10+ yrs

GMAT- yet to take

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Re: Need Opinion...   [#permalink] 17 Jan 2013, 09:44