Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need opinion on GRockit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 6

Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2012, 13:38
Do you recommend it? I found GRockit very useful, but want to know from others who have used it.

Please share your experiences and opinions.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2375

Kudos [?]: 9922 [0], given: 3755

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2012, 23:37
Expert's post
Well. I think it is whatever floats your boat so to speak. If their system/questions/etc works for you, then sure. I know e-GMAT offers Grocking question banks as a part of their offering - check it out. It is a good deal.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 06:50
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

I second BB. You got to see what works for you.

I was using Grockit for my prep. Initially i felt using Grockit would help me to work under time pressure. I felt since each question is timed on Grockit it will help in coping up with the time pressure. But later i felt nothing can substitute the experience you get when you take the full length mock exams. That is a different ball game altogether.

Grockit was most useful when i wanted to practice questions on a particular topic. However, most of the questions i did on Grockit , i found them in OG 10 & 11. If you are using Manhattan series by any chance then you'll know that you get a list of relevant OG 11 questions on a particular topic at the end of each chapter. So in case you'd like to practice on a topic , you can use the OG too.I am sure there will be other ways to figure out the list of OG questions on a specefic Topic.

I used to like Grockit's videotaped explanations. But sometimes i felt they weren't clear. Also, for all the questions i found in the OG, the OG explanations were as good and sometimes even better.

I took their diagnostic test before i started my prep and felt it wasn't a good indicator of my skill levels. Grockit also estimates a score you could get based on the practice you do. I felt that score was very deceptive. Later during my prep i even felt that working under time pressure while practicing topics wasn't working well for me. I was only psyching my self out by using it while practicing topics that needed more time and was getting a sense of achievement by doing well in some topics.The point i'm trying to make is that such timing and scores are not a true indicator of how i performed during my full length mock exams, section tests or the actual exam. Later on i started using a timer only for section tests that i had got from a friend and used the GMATclub timer (it's pretty useful). Although section tests helped me a lot, i recommend that one take full length tests as the tiring journey from AWA to verbal can affect timing.

In summary, i 'll say see what works for you. If you'd like someone to read out the explanations to you and you prefer to work under time pressure for each question then Grockit could help. Some of the practice games were fun, where you get to play with others. On the other hand, there's enough study material available at better prices (sometimes even free :) and in my opinion the full length tests are a great way to know how one performs under time pressure.

Hope this helps.

Best,
B
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1324

Kudos [?]: 3794 [0], given: 192

Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 05:34
Expert's post
Someone,

We do sell Grockit through our packaged offering and have gotten inherently positive feedback on it (we have about 500 customers who use Grockit).

Our customers love Grockit for the following reasons:

1. Massive question bank: The Grockit Premium membership give you access to 2000 questions - 1000 each in quant and Verbal. These questions provide excellent practice, especially once you have mastered the basics using our course.

2. Ability to create custom quizzes: Want to assess your performance on Verbal or just CR. You can do both using Grockit. Our customers love the ability to focus on an area and master it. You also have the ability to customize difficulty level of quizzes (4 levels)

3. World class analytics: Grockit probably has the best analytic engine in the world. It will highlight your strengths ans weakness. Its a great tool to discover your weakness.

4. Mock tests: It gives you 5 full length mock tests.

Overall, it is much more than a question bank and OG 10/11 replacement. If used properly, it can help you save time and can make a significant impact on your end score.

Visit http://e-gmat.com/grockit.php for more details.

Regards,

Rajat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

Manager
Manager

Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 14:08
Thanks a lot, Rajat, Bibli, and bb. I think buying egmat with the GRockit is good. I am trying to improve my score from 730. I need as many problems as possible.

Grockit problems are good, and getting it with egmat is a good enough bargain.

I do agree with Bibli that some of the problems are straight from OG's. But it does help to try these problems in a timed setting.

Thanks.
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 22:27
someone79 wrote:
Thanks a lot, Rajat, Bibli, and bb. I think buying egmat with the GRockit is good. I am trying to improve my score from 730. I need as many problems as possible.

Grockit problems are good, and getting it with egmat is a good enough bargain.

I do agree with Bibli that some of the problems are straight from OG's. But it does help to try these problems in a timed setting.

Thanks.

How high are you targeting from 730 ?

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Manager
Manager

Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2012, 02:32
780+
Manager
Manager
GPA: 2.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 02:00
I am a proponent of Grockit. However, I want to know that whether the difficult questions on Grockit have ANY similarity with the ones that are on the real GMAT. I reason that I need to know is that I have been doing fairly well on the questions that are of moderate difficulty but, my scores saw a sudden and harsh downfall as soon as I started to do the difficult ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Consider to give me kudos if my post helped you.

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1324

Kudos [?]: 3794 [0], given: 192

Re: Need opinion on GRockit [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 07:22
Expert's post
I believe that they are reasonably representative. I would take a mock test to evaluate your skill level. That is the best indicator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

Re: Need opinion on GRockit   [#permalink] 27 Sep 2012, 07:22