Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need profile evaluation..Plz help me out

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Need profile evaluation..Plz help me out [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2011, 00:59
Hi friends,

I took GMAT yesterday and really confused.Here by,I ll tell you my details and please guide me whether to retake Gmat or to apply with that score.

GMAT-620(q-49,v-25)
Tofle-yet to take

When coming to my profile...
-I'm a pharmacy graduate from INDIA.

-have work-ex 3years(by the time of admission)
one year with ranbaxy(pharma firm)as a sales executive
6 months with Allergan eye care(pharma firm of USA)as a sales executive(Here i performed well and received BEST LEARNER and best detailer awards in the corporate training )
After that got a break as a manager in an INdian firm and have been working with the same.

COLLEGES THAT I"M INTERESTED.
-georgia tech
-arizona state(w.p.carey)
-michigan state univ(eli broad)
-illinois-uc
-penn state(smeal)

-BUT I HAVE ONE SERIOUS DOUBT.
after getting that score in GMAT..i have two options.
1)retaking GMAT within 45-50 days and applying in the month of November.(second dead line)

2)to stop with GMAT and to concentrate more on essays and recommendations.(some people told me that my application is going to be diversified as I'm a pharmacy student and that even though my scores are at lower side..schools will consider me....and 620 or 660 does't matter)

Which option is better,,!!!!
PLZ GUIDE ME.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross (admit after WL), Foster (admit), Wharton (ding), Thunderbird (admit)
WE 1: US Army logistics
WE 2: Client management & business development (Russian Auditing & accounting firm)
WE 3: Sales for renewable energy firm

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: Need profile evaluation..Plz help me out [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2011, 15:20
This post received
KUDOS
Your GMAT score is well within the range of being competitive at those schools, even if its below average for some colleges on that list. If you don't have time to retake, I don't think that score alone would be a deal breaker, especially if you construct an articulate optional essay explaining the lower than average score.

Also, being one of few NON-IT Indian candidates, I think you could bring some diversity to the student body, and that's definitely something to be emphasized.

As for the timing issue, I think its best to submit your application to those schools during round 1, with your current score. As far as I know, most schools give you the option to update them w/ a new GMAT score if you retake, EVEN AFTER your app was already submitted. So it would not be wise to delay to round 2 to wait for a higher GMAT score.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Need profile evaluation..Plz help me out [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2011, 16:44
Thanx for responding..:-)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need profile evaluation..Plz help me out [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 20:14
If you think you can improve your GMAT by 30+ points and you have some extra time, why not retake it to further support your candidacy?
Re: Need profile evaluation..Plz help me out   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2011, 20:14