Profile : (24 years of age)
1.Bachelors in Electronics From Mumbai , India
2.Got placed into Cap Gemini, India
3.Placed into Business Intelligence Department
4.Now part of Production Support: Supply chain Management Project(International Retail Giant)
Relying on an educational loan for my Masters
1. Following Tech related news eg. New 3d maps that apple is planning to launch in order to give competition to google & a lot more things like this. I love following technology whether it be IT/Palmtops..etc
2. I have organized events for a crowd size of 30 for my project & also planning to participate in big events.
3. A lot of people recommend me MS just because i love to get to the core concept & then after mastering the subject one can be free. Also a lot of people recommend me an MBA just because i have a decent soft skill & a good convincing power(interested in MBA in marketing).
When i think of a career i am fascinated by both the challenges.MS graduate may research & find a product/service, from which he will eventually generate commerce.Similarly, MBA graduate may help a new company or a giant in optimizing/tuning/preparing a growth plan .. by managing teams.
I am very confused & have very less resources in my family who can guide. Please guide me as soon as possible as there is very little time left for me to pursue masters. Also please post a link that can asses my aptitude & help me in taking a wise decision
From the given details, i infer that you are confused whether to go for MBA or MS ? ( assuming i infer your query as this, please find my answer)
Your career choice depends on
1) What is your area of interest (marketing/advertising etc sound very passionate, but its not a simple activity of designing a small campaign or something, it takes a lot of time for employers to believe in your ideas, am not disappointing you though)
If your area of interest is your current stream, do your MS first. By doing an MS, you will be able to capitalize on what you have done till now (your education tiill now and your experience till now). With MS, you will have certainity and direction in your career.
2) If you think that you are no more interested in current technical stream, then you might look for MBA, post MBA you may get into sales/marketing (marketing is again a very broad concept that includes sales, promotion, product, distribution, advertising etc, i do not know what motivates you in marketing).
Last but not least, do not choose a career just on the basis of a suggestions of near and dear ones, strong communication skills, strong soft skills or strong convincing skills do not make once successful in career ( am not being harsh here, but am being honest to you)
Just for you information, I have overseen Marketing function (all the words explained above:)) for 9 years by now.
Wish you all the Best
Free Essay Editing Service