Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 20:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 11:00
I am really struggling with the problem solving questions in the Gmat quant section. Could you please recommend some good books that will help me focus specifically on this issue. I plan on gettting the Manhattan guides, but what other books are out there that really focus on the problem solving questions in the quant section. Thank you in advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 398 [1] , given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 13:20
This post received
KUDOS
Bigpete757 wrote:
I am really struggling with the problem solving questions in the Gmat quant section. Could you please recommend some good books that will help me focus specifically on this issue. I plan on gettting the Manhattan guides, but what other books are out there that really focus on the problem solving questions in the quant section. Thank you in advance.

Hi Bigpete757,

Have you seen the book review thread?
top-gmat-prep-books-guides-reviews-comments-77703.html

What part of problem solving is getting the best of you? Word Translations? Work/Rate problems?

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8800 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 13:47
Expert's post
Also: best-gmat-math-prep-books-reviews-recommendations-77291.html

And: top-20-best-gmat-books-on-gmat-club-76582.html

You will want to take a look at the MGMAT Number properties, Kaplan Math Workbook, OG 12 if you have not, and PR 1012

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 15:06
Thanks for the replies. I still have to go through OG 11 and 12 and will use the manhatten and kaplan math book and maybe another one or two. Hopefully I will start getting better as I progress through more questions. Its just that math as always been a weak area for me. I caught onto the DS section pretty quickly, but I just seem to have a hard time setting up the word problems so you can solve them.

What I should have asked in this post, was basically, is there any hidden gems (books) that have really helped people succeed in the word problem section. Most likely they would have been mentioned on here already, but you never know.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8800 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 15:34
Expert's post
The only other 2 items that have not been mentioned are electronic:
1. GMAT Club tests - these are only hard gmat tests - 2 are free to everyone and the rest are free if you are an active member of gmat club.
2. Total GMAT Math PDF by gmat hacks - I have not used it but we have heard positive reviews of it. The only downside is that it is $50.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 19:13
bb wrote:
The only other 2 items that have not been mentioned are electronic:
1. GMAT Club tests - these are only hard gmat tests - 2 are free to everyone and the rest are free if you are an active member of gmat club.
2. Total GMAT Math PDF by gmat hacks - I have not used it but we have heard positive reviews of it. The only downside is that it is $50.

I concur with BB.

I've met Jeff Sackmann (author of Total GMAT). He's very reputable and can vouch for his products.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2009, 17:28
Hello mohater ,
He also has 1800 gmat math questions . Can you please some review on that .

thanks,
Re: Need recommendations for gmat quant problem solving books   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2009, 17:28