Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1367 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Need review for koramangla testing centre [#permalink]
Expert Reply
viper1991 wrote:
I am planning to schedule my exam in the koramangla centre but i have heard mixed reviews about it...saying the GMAC is cancelling scores from this centre. Please let me know if it is all cleared now as all the dates in the centre are available
Have you already booked your GMAT appointment? We don't recommend the center you mentioned. Too many negative reports by students. Try going for the center near "Manipal Centre" if that's still possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
viper1991 wrote:
I am planning to schedule my exam in the koramangla centre but i have heard mixed reviews about it...saying the GMAC is cancelling scores from this centre. Please let me know if it is all cleared now as all the dates in the centre are available
Have you already booked your GMAT appointment? We don't recommend the center you mentioned. Too many negative reports by students. Try going for the center near "Manipal Centre" if that's still possible.

Hi Arun ,

What is the status of the centre now?

As i am not able to get any slot in the manipal centre for the days i am looking for?

how can i get to know more about the koramangla centre??
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
viper1991 wrote:

As i am not able to get any slot in the manipal centre for the days i am looking for?
A center is unlikely to be bad all of the time. It's just that many more students have reported problems at that center than at the one next to Manipal Centre. I'm talking about connectivity and the facilities, and I don't think they'd have made major improvements to those. You'd be taking a risk booking an appointment at the Koramangla center. Anyway, sometimes (very rarely) I've seen centers agree to visits (maybe a day before the actual test) by people who've booked appointments. Call them up and ask if you can do that.

Also, do you want to consider waiting as long as possible to book your appointment? If almost all the slots are open at the Koramangla center, then you'll be able to keep checking the other center as well (do it at least once every day). The slot that you want might just open up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
viper1991 wrote:

A center is unlikely to be bad all of the time. It's just that many more students have reported problems at that center than at the one next to Manipal Centre. I'm talking about connectivity and the facilities, and I don't think they'd have made major improvements to those. You'd be taking a risk booking an appointment at the Koramangla center. Anyway, sometimes (very rarely) I've seen centers agree to visits (maybe a day before the actual test) by people who've booked appointments. Call them up and ask if you can do that.

Also, do you want to consider waiting as long as possible to book your appointment? If almost all the slots are open at the Koramangla center, then you'll be able to keep checking the other center as well (do it at least once every day). The slot that you want might just open up.

Regarding the facilities...i know they are not very impressive as this is going to be my second attempt in the same centre....as far as i remember i screwed up the first attempt because there was no AC in the room..i dont know if they got one now...i was mainly concerned with the cancellation of scores which happened during june or july...

But i like one thing about the koramangla centre as the timings are a bit relaxed though there are fixed slots...you can actually come and take the test one hour here n there from your slot..i dont know if this happens in the slot in manipal.

Do you think there are chances for the slots already booked in manipal centre or open up again?

Also , would like to take an advice from you whether 9 am slot or the 1 pm slot is better?...i stay in koramangla , which is not very far from manipal centre also..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
viper1991 wrote:
Regarding the facilities...i know they are not very impressive as this is going to be my second attempt in the same centre....as far as i remember i screwed up the first attempt because there was no AC in the room..i dont know if they got one now...i was mainly concerned with the cancellation of scores which happened during june or july...

But i like one thing about the koramangla centre as the timings are a bit relaxed though there are fixed slots...you can actually come and take the test one hour here n there from your slot..i dont know if this happens in the slot in manipal.

Do you think there are chances for the slots already booked in manipal centre or open up again?

Also , would like to take an advice from you whether 9 am slot or the 1 pm slot is better?...i stay in koramangla , which is not very far from manipal centre also..
Yes, they should take care of things like air conditioning. What you should look at is that even allowing test takers to take the GMAT 1 hour after the scheduled time is not a good sign, because it means that they don't really run a tight ship. If they are slipping up in one area, they could be lax in many others. The other center is much better run. At least students who take the test there don't report such incidents very often.

Slots on a particular day at a specific center can and do open up as you get closer to that day. It's not guaranteed, so it's not a good idea to rely on this (slots should ideally be booked well in advance). The reason I think you could consider it is that there seems to be no real rush for slots at the Koramangla center, so you have that as a fallback option.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
viper1991 wrote:

what exactly is wrong with the koramangala center?
could u pls elaborate?
i am taking up my exam in this center shortly

thanks
GMAT Club Bot