Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 15:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Serious Help...getting no where even after 3 month prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Arizona State University
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Need Serious Help...getting no where even after 3 month prep [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 09:10
Guys I need help...I am lost with the whole GMAT thing!!!!

I have been preparing for this test for past 8 weeks (started in Jan 2nd week and this does not include the 5 weeks of prep from Nov 2010 to Dec 2010 as for those 5 weeks I just prepared notes. After which I went for a vacation) and seem to be getting no where with it. I gave a GMAT Prep test in the begining and scored 420 thereafter I have been going through the MGMAT have completed all the quant sections except the advanaced sections of 'Word Transalation' and 'Geometry' books. For verbal I have gone through basic rules of sentence corrections (even after that feel completely lost with all the rules) and currently going through Critical Reasoning Bible by powerscore.

I have taken 7 test so far out of which one MGMAT test was wated. The results of all the 7 test is below:
1) GMAT Prep 420 (N/A)
2) MGMAT Test 1 520 (Q.33 & V.28)
3) MGMAT Test 2 300 (Q.27 & V. Not attempted) (This was the test I wasted)
4) MGMAT Test 3 540 (Q.42 & V.23)
5) MGMAT Test 4 490 (Q.27 & V.31)
6) MGMAT Test 5 470 (Q.32 & V.24)
7) Princeton Review Test 420 (Q.33 & V.13)

I have 5 weeks more to prepare for this test. My work schedule is killer too. Have to work a minimum of 10 to 12 hours for 5 days a week and after that I come home and prepare for the test for a minimum of 2 hours. Have already spent 50 hours in Jan and 77 hours in Feb in preparing for the GMAT. With the scores above it seems I am all over the place. My aim is to get above 700 but looking at the above scores, makes my goal seem unrealistic.

Please advice as to what should I do in the next 5 weeks. I do not have the liberty to extend my test date beyond the 13 of April. As this year after april I will have to probably spend all my time at the office cause there are major projects going on in which I play a major role. Even getting the 2 weeks leave before the test was hard to get. Please tell me if I can still improve and hit my target score. Desperate for help and motivation...this just seems like I am fighting a loosing battle. Any suggestions or ideas for improvements will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Need Serious Help...getting no where even after 3 month prep [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 20:00
I heard the MGMAT tests were harder than the actual exam to a significant degree. Don't fret.

I don't know where more accurate tests are except for GMATPrep software.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Arizona State University

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Need Serious Help...getting no where even after 3 month prep [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2011, 11:28
Thanks for the tip mate...I am aware of it...but the blogs I have read state the diffrence between the MGMAT and real GMAT is +/-50...based on this my test results are not encouraging...

By the way have you taken the GMATs???
Re: Need Serious Help...getting no where even after 3 month prep   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2011, 11:28