I need your expert advice.
My job situation could change within the next year. I did horrible on my gmats nut unlikely with help of the rest of my application got accept to one of the three schools I applied. The other two advised me to retake the gmats in March and reapply for September. I am not sure if I should accept the schools offer which i was accepted or try and retake the gmats?
My concern is two-fold. If my job situation changes the school might too expensive and I might have to enroll in a different program. how do schools look at transfers? Also will a graduate course with a good grade help with my low gmats score with another school? Or should I defer enrollment til September and retake my gmats and march and see how I fair with the other schools? I need some expert advice. And I have to make the decision this week. The school I was accepted to was my first choice but I am afraid of my job situation changing.
Any help you or anyone can give me will be appreciated.
If I understand you correctly, you have been accepted at one school, let's say School A. You have also applied to 3 other schools and believe that your GMAT will prevent your admission to any of those schools.
Furthermore, you are planning to attend business school while working and are concerned that if your job situation changes, you may not be able to pay for School A or any other school
If your job situation remains stable, then you attend your top choice school, forget about the GMAT, and proceed happily ever after. If your job situation changes, you may have to drop out of school -- hopefully-- temporarily. When you have the income again, you will probably be able to resume. Check with the school, but most schools, especially part-time programs understand that sometimes students need to take a break for financial reasons.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog