Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 23:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need some Advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need some Advice [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2004, 01:38
Hi,

I ve just joined this group and would like some advice from the experienced community.
My problem is that I want to do the MBA from foreign university. I m from India and I have more than 4 years of Exp in Software Development in a CMIM level 5 company. I m earning a good decent salary as per Indian standards and I m also growing with the organisation. I m not married yet but will get married around Feb next year. I want an advice from you guys that considering my situation Is it worth attempting GMAT and doing MBA ? By the time I will pass GMAT I will be married and will have more responsibility, financially too. I don't have enough savings to study in some foreign country. I can apply for loan but would you suggest me to go for it. I mean after completing 2 years of MBA would I be in much better position than today or is it just the same.
Please advice. I want to do but these thoughts are making me feel insecure. what if I don't get a job after doing the MBA. I would be in the hell than. I will have to pay for the loan, I will have a family to support .
suggest.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2004, 02:52
Will it help if you take a part-time MBA program at home?

What you are apprehensive about does happen. I'm from China and I heard that some of those who got their degrees (including MBA) abroad couldn't get a job or couldn't find a profitable job as they had expected. I don't know if such cases are rare though. But it does happen. Some people who quit their job and go back to school to pursue a MBA at a domestic university cann't find a job so good as the one they quit either. It's not always the case. It has something to do with the economic situation here too. The situation may be different in India, and it changes too. Maybe the job market is not good for MBAs now, but it can grow better in two years when you graduate and vice versa.

Since you'll have a family and lots of financial responsibilities, personally I think taking a part-time MBA program where you live would be a secure choice. You can study and earn money at the same time.

I just thought of another idea --- taking the courses online. I don't know anybody who does it or whether it works well. It's an option though.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 436 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2004, 07:00
Hi,

You might also look into the merit scholarships provided by some US schools that are open to international students. This will at least limit the total outlay for the degree.

Hjort
  [#permalink] 27 Jul 2004, 07:00