Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 07:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need some advice about INSEAD

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Need some advice about INSEAD [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 22:49
Hi

I am a male Indian with 2 years of experience. I was thinking about applying to INSEAD but am not able to decide out things. My question is this: Will I be at a disavdantage coz my experience at joining will be only 3 years and INSEAD's average is about 5?

I mean, I would love to work in Europe but LBS is too costly overall and am not sure if I will get a good job after a One Year Program at INSEAD...

Would love some advice...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 05:31
another item to consider... a one year program gives you much lesser time to comprehend concepts at bschool... so if you have a non-business background, you might be better off with a traditional 2 year program... just my 2 cents
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Need some advice about INSEAD [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 23:13
saurabh357 wrote:
Hi

I am a male Indian with 2 years of experience. I was thinking about applying to INSEAD but am not able to decide out things. My question is this: Will I be at a disavdantage coz my experience at joining will be only 3 years and INSEAD's average is about 5?

I mean, I would love to work in Europe but LBS is too costly overall and am not sure if I will get a good job after a One Year Program at INSEAD...

There are a number of reasons why a one-year program might not be the best fit, but I'm not sure why you're concerned about getting a job (vs LBS). Insead's placement record and reputation with recruiters is at least as good as LBS's (and probably better).
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Need some advice about INSEAD [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2007, 14:17
dukes wrote:
saurabh357 wrote:
Hi

There are a number of reasons why a one-year program might not be the best fit, but I'm not sure why you're concerned about getting a job (vs LBS). Insead's placement record and reputation with recruiters is at least as good as LBS's (and probably better).

Outside USA, INSEAD is the leader among all other business schools. LBS and IMD are close but in terms of brand equity, career oppurtunities and networking they are nowhere close to INSEAD.
Re: Need some advice about INSEAD   [#permalink] 17 Aug 2007, 14:17