Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 05:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need some advice please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE: Accounting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Need some advice please [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 18:39
Hi Guys,

My exam is in two weeks. I took Exam # 3 of the GMATPrep exam pack 1 and got 560. Before taking this test, I took GMATPrep exam 1 and 2. Here's my breakdown:

Exam 1: 610, Q 45 with 16 errors and V 28 with 18 errors
Exam 2: 660, Q 44 with 17 errors and V 37 and 12 errors
Exam 3: 560, Q 39 with 18 errors and V28 with 13 errors

Also, I never scored under 590 (and never got under Q40) in any Manhattan GMAT tests

I felt like the third exam was much more difficult than the two first one. Quant seemed harder, I even had 1 prob and 1 combinatorics questions thrown at me. In the first 2 exams I only had 1-2 prob/combinatorics questions. Verbal also freaked me out. I was surprised that with only 13 errors I would get such a low verbal score in the third exam.

I know that the score is not based on the amount of questions you get right or wrong but on the actual difficulty of the question, however, I just find peculiar that there was a 9 points (HUGE in verbal) difference due to only 1 error !! My quant score does not surprise me as much as have made some really dumb mistakes throughout the exam. I need some advice, should I worry about that 560 ? I know many people here have mentioned that GMAT prep exam 2 is fairly representative of what to expect on exam day, so I am not sure how much importance I need to put on exam 3 and 4. Has anyone else had similar surprises with Exam 3 or 4 ?

Also, should I be doing anything specific 2 weeks before my exam?

Just looking for some insight or advices from experts before I take my official GMAT exam. I just feel so disappointed today. I will be taking exam 4 this Saturday (Oct. 5) and I am hoping to get a better score. Oh and by the way, I am looking for a anything north of 600.

Thank you for your help, I truly appreciate!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 152 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Need some advice please [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 20:00
This post received
KUDOS
No you should not worry about the score rather you should track down your mistakes(ques type,topic etc). In verbal you might have got few easy medium ques's wrong and that costed you with a heavy penalty...

Take away- The kind of mistakes you did in all your mocks should not be repeated in the upcoming mocks.

ATB

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Intern
Intern

Re: Need some advice please [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2013, 14:21
I just finished the second (4th) exam in GMATprep exam pack 1. This test is more in line, I believe, with GMATprep exam 1 and 2. I score a 650 (Q 44 and V36). Now, here is my complete set of GMATprep tests

Exam 4: 650, Q44 with 12 errors and V36 with 15 errors

My exam is in a week (October 12th), with these scored in mind, do you guys have any more advices that could help me maintain this score for the test. I am not looking at improving in the 700 before the test. I am aiming for a score above 600. Also any advices for my verbal score? As you can see it seems to fluctuate between average 28 and 36-37, why is there a huge gap? Hopefully the trend will not continue as my exam is this Saturday. Any piece of advice for my last week would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Kudos [?]: 152 [1] , given: 57

Re: Need some advice please [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2013, 06:23
This post received
KUDOS
jinkev wrote:
I just finished the second (4th) exam in GMATprep exam pack 1. This test is more in line, I believe, with GMATprep exam 1 and 2. I score a 650 (Q 44 and V36). Now, here is my complete set of GMATprep tests

Exam 4: 650, Q44 with 12 errors and V36 with 15 errors

My exam is in a week (October 12th), with these scored in mind, do you guys have any more advices that could help me maintain this score for the test. I am not looking at improving in the 700 before the test. I am aiming for a score above 600. Also any advices for my verbal score? As you can see it seems to fluctuate between average 28 and 36-37, why is there a huge gap? Hopefully the trend will not continue as my exam is this Saturday. Any piece of advice for my last week would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Stick to your error log and revise the concepts where your getting max wrong...With these score you should not freak out.

nice-article-on-what-to-do-a-week-before-the-gmat-on-d-day-127869.html

what-to-do-30-14-7-3-1-days-before-the-d-day-152540.html?fl=similar

ATB

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Intern
Intern

Re: Need some advice please [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 14:42
I got 640 in the end, Q40 and V38. I feel that I could have done better in quant, but that is the way it is. I found that gmaprep exam 4 was in line with the real gmat in terms of difficulty. I also found Verbal easier, or it might just be because I was really focused.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 152 [0], given: 57

Re: Need some advice please [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 06:05
jinkev wrote:
I got 640 in the end, Q40 and V38. I feel that I could have done better in quant, but that is the way it is. I found that gmaprep exam 4 was in line with the real gmat in terms of difficulty. I also found Verbal easier, or it might just be because I was really focused.

Congrats on your score! :)

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: Need some advice please   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2013, 06:05