Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 09:20
Hey,

currently I am trying to prepare myself for the GMAT (sheduled for the 2nd of december)
I went through the MGMAT Quant. Strategy Guides and took two Quant. parts of CATs to get a feeling abount my quant. abilities after the work done so far:

1) 1rst Kaplan CAT --> Quant -Score = 36
2) 1rst GMATPrep --> Quant -Score = 41

My target score for the GMAT is about 650. So could you please just help me to get a feeling of my recent quant performance?
With more then two month left (one month without work) I think some improvement will be possible. So Which of the tests stated above is closer to the real GMAT?

I would be glad about any advice and / or help to interpret this performance.

Thank you very much.

BR,

belli
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 35

Re: Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 17:45
GMATprep is much closer to the real test because it consists of real retired test questions and uses the algorithm developed by the GMAC. In other words it is the most accurate indicator available.

Its impossible to tell whether you are on track for a 650 without knowing anything about your verbal score. The 650 is the composite score of both quant and verbal.

Did you complete the GMATprep test, or did you bypass the verbal? If you did it, what was your overall score?

With a 41 quant score, and half way decent verbal it shouldn't be hard to hit 650 with 2 months of prep. If english isn't your native language it may be tougher. Its just hard to say based on such limited information.
Intern
Intern

Re: Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 21:28
Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually I just did the quant part after a long working day. Just started to go through the MGMAT Verb. Guides - so in about 3 weeks I'll start taking complete CATs.

My studyplan looks like this:

MGMAT SC --> 25.09.
MGMAT CR --> 04.10.
MGMAT RC --> 16.10.

In addition to that I am doing about 10 quant. questions a day (2 from each MGMAT guide) to stay in touch with the Quant. part.

16.10. - 30.10 I'll do a lot of reviews. Going trough all the notes I took.

31.10. - 02.12. (have those days off for GMAT prep.) I'll do the CATs / error analysis / focussed studies regarding my week ereas

03. 12. GMAT

So I think in about three weeks I can tell you how my verbal performance is :-).
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 23:00
In order to get a 650 (your tarket) with a quant score of 41, you need to be aiming a verbal score of 38 (80 percentile)! Which if you are english speaking, should be reachable if you prepare yourself correctly.

I'm relatively new to this Gmat studying, but if you want my advice I definitely suggest you study the powerscore critical reasoning bible in place of the CR from manhattan. I have read both and although some same techniques are presented, the first one goes way more into depth!
For the Sentence correction on the other hand, the manhattan guide is really great !
Intern
Intern

Re: Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 01:34
Actually I am not a native speaker. Because of that I am aiming to raise my Quant. score up to something like 44.
I think with the time left for studying before the test I should be able to reach a quant score of 44 and get my verbal to a decent level. Currently I am struggeling on SC. RC is pretty good and CR is ok.

Thank you very much for the advice concerning CR. I'll go and get the book today.

BR,

belli
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 155 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 09:29
Thats look like a very planned study plan...Stick with the basics and practice along with completed topics....

Also you may want to makes notes of whatever you have learned each day.....

Even i am studying verbal Manhattan SC, and power score CR bible....

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: Need some help to interpret my recent Quant Scores   [#permalink] 16 Sep 2011, 09:29