Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 20:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Some Insight Please...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need Some Insight Please... [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2007, 14:10
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the Gmatclub. I found you guys in search of some info on how to get my score up. I took the test twice. The 1st time, 6 mos ago, I took it cold w no studying or strategy & scored a 570. Well, that was enough to get me into a back up school, but it wasn't enough. So I did the veritas program & studied for about 2 months. Well, I def feel like I gained a ton of knowledge, scored mid-600's on the practice tests (none lower than 620, highest was 690), and yesterday scored only a 600 on the real thing. I was a little tired & took it early in the morning, but I wanted to see if anyone had an oppinion, bc I'm very confused as far as building a new strategy. I don't see how studying for 7 hours a day for 2 months could only push me up 30 points, and if thats the case, I'm uncertain as to how I can push it to 700.

Any suggestions would be great guys....
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need Some Insight Please... [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2007, 16:28
cdriscoll26 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the Gmatclub. I found you guys in search of some info on how to get my score up. I took the test twice. The 1st time, 6 mos ago, I took it cold w no studying or strategy & scored a 570. Well, that was enough to get me into a back up school, but it wasn't enough. So I did the veritas program & studied for about 2 months. Well, I def feel like I gained a ton of knowledge, scored mid-600's on the practice tests (none lower than 620, highest was 690), and yesterday scored only a 600 on the real thing. I was a little tired & took it early in the morning, but I wanted to see if anyone had an oppinion, bc I'm very confused as far as building a new strategy. I don't see how studying for 7 hours a day for 2 months could only push me up 30 points, and if thats the case, I'm uncertain as to how I can push it to 700.

Any suggestions would be great guys....

this is one of the problems most of the guys around here have at the moment. only thing i can say is to practice practice and practice again. you did not put your breakdown for both of the scores. you should be able to identify your weak and strong sides. so let's see that and start from there.
good luck
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2007, 02:05
Real test Q 38, V35. My verbal isn't that bad, but I have to get my quant score up at least 10 points & I have no idea how to do it. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Some Insight Please... [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2008, 07:02
570 to 600 after Veritas Prep ! Did you get stuck with a problem that took too much time? Any postmortem assessments?

GMAT exam from what I have gone through is obviously what I call intelligent practicing.

What you'll need to do is start analyzing how you do in the practice exams. At least one per week and then on the exam week at least two exams to get you into swing of things.

IF it takes you 3 hours to complete the exams you'll need to spend additional 3 hours just understanding your % hits, identify your weakness and then build proficiency in you weak areas and then check out if there was any improvement.

Furthermore, I have heard good thing about Veritas Literature and teaching. I am sure you have access to the recordings. Identify the classes, which focus on your weakness and review the recordings again. Don't read solutions to the problem. Take a crack at it first and then give it a shot.

Good Luck
Rohit
Re: Need Some Insight Please...   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2008, 07:02