Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 21:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need some serious help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need some serious help [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2005, 04:58
Hi Group specially Hijort,

This is my first email to this group and I found this group through one of my Friends . I have seen how much useful this group is by reading some valuable posts of Praetorian, Hijort, Paul and many many more.

Friends, its very difficult for me to express my situation on this group but believe me, it is the hardest time of my career and future and if I won’t get a career-oriented track or get myselves enrolled in some University, I might do something wrong to myselves. May be I have become more sensitive these days.

What I want simply is to get myselves enrolled in an MBA program or any other SUBSTITUTE. Looking at the admission requirements it seems that GMAT is the mandatory requirement for majority of the MBA programs. On the other hand, there will definitely be some universities which provide admission without the GMAT requirement.

So I would like to know if anybody of you can help me in finding those colleges or universities which don’t require GMAT. Or Give me any valuable suggestions or guide me to follow the right path.

I’d prefer to enroll myselves in Canadian Universities as I m a Canadian Immigrant . Any related link, group might put my future on new track.

Thanks a million.
Alex.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2005, 12:29
Depending on your prior education and experience, there are certainly some programs that do not require the GMAT. In addition, remember that many business schools do not require a high score, even a relatively modest score is more than enough to gain admission.

If you could, please give us some idea of what sort of metropolitan area you would prefer.

Hjort
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2005, 11:53
Hi Hijort,

Thanks for your reply. I posses Engineering (Computer Systems) degree with 3 years of experience.

Well, currently i'd prefer to be enrolled in Toronto area, but i can move to any other place if found a good school with options better than TORONTO. At this moment i would like to enroll myselves as soon as possible because its NOW or NEVER situation .

Thanks a million Hijort.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2005, 12:33
Hi Hijort,

I have couple of friends in Montreal, Canada and it would also be possible for me to study there without any difficulty.

Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2005, 22:09
Concordia/Molson appears to allow students to submit the GRE instead of the GMAT for its MSc degree (not the MBA).

http://www.johnmolson.concordia.ca/msc/admission.html

This is quite common, many MBA substitutes accept the GRE instead of or in addition to the GMAT

http://www.princeton.edu/~bcf/mfaqapply.htm

And, of course, there are many accredited universities with moderate GMAT requirements.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2005, 06:26
Hi Alex, I understsand your situation and perhaps I could give you a hand sorting these things out. I am currently in China but will be back to Montreal(my hometown) next week for a week and I will then move to London for good. If you would like to meet up with me, send me a PM and I will send you my contact info.

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 18 Aug 2005, 06:26