Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 00:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need some urgent advice..

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Need some urgent advice.. [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2012, 08:47
Hi,

Can the experts please read and advice on what I should do...

I wrote the GMAT in 2006 for the first time and got a 550. The main reason was that I missed 3 questions in Quant and around 7-8 in Verbal. Yes didn't know that I will be heavily penalized for not answering questions. Anyways, got really busy at work after that and now have decided to go back to school. Now, given that the old scrore is more than 5 years old and will not be reported, I can retake the exam and confident that I can get over 700.

Anyways, when I received my official report in mail a couple of weeks after the test, I was already so dissapointed that I did not bother to read it and put it in a drawer and forgot about it. I happened to take a look at it today and see that my DOB on the report is wrong. It seems that in 2006 the proctor at the center did not copy my date of birth from my passport and put the wrong date down in their system at the exam center. The date he put in is wrong by 5 days ( fat-fingered it I suppose).

My concern is that if I register again for the test using the same profile/GMAT ID, my correct DOB will not match the DOB that was initially input incorrectly. I hope PearsonVue does not think that I am committing a fraud or taking the test for someone else.

Does anyone know whether the wrong date of birth would still be in the system?
Does PearsonVue/GMAC go by the DOB on score report or what is used at the time of registration?
Shall I create another profile and take the test as a new candidate?

All ideas/views/help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Prat..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 590 [0], given: 114

Re: Need some urgent advice.. [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2012, 09:08
Only Pearsonvue or GMAC could give you a 100% answer to this question. In my opinion, your old test (with wrong date of birth) should not matter AT ALL.

I would sign up for the test again, contact GMAC or Pearsonvue and let them know of your situation (see if they can change the birthdate), and take the test as usual. As long as they are able to confirm your identity on the date of the test, I do not see why they would care in the slightest. The other test is over 5 years old, so the score and report are invalid anyways...

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1116

Kudos [?]: 5063 [0], given: 164

Re: Need some urgent advice.. [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2012, 09:13
Expert's post
pratk wrote:
Hi,

Can the experts please read and advice on what I should do...

I wrote the GMAT in 2006 for the first time and got a 550. The main reason was that I missed 3 questions in Quant and around 7-8 in Verbal. Yes didn't know that I will be heavily penalized for not answering questions. Anyways, got really busy at work after that and now have decided to go back to school. Now, given that the old scrore is more than 5 years old and will not be reported, I can retake the exam and confident that I can get over 700.

Anyways, when I received my official report in mail a couple of weeks after the test, I was already so dissapointed that I did not bother to read it and put it in a drawer and forgot about it. I happened to take a look at it today and see that my DOB on the report is wrong. It seems that in 2006 the proctor at the center did not copy my date of birth from my passport and put the wrong date down in their system at the exam center. The date he put in is wrong by 5 days ( fat-fingered it I suppose).

My concern is that if I register again for the test using the same profile/GMAT ID, my correct DOB will not match the DOB that was initially input incorrectly. I hope PearsonVue does not think that I am committing a fraud or taking the test for someone else.

Does anyone know whether the wrong date of birth would still be in the system?
Does PearsonVue/GMAC go by the DOB on score report or what is used at the time of registration?
Shall I create another profile and take the test as a new candidate?

All ideas/views/help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Prat..

In my opinion, if the id you used 5 yrs back was the same passport (with the same number) and you registered at mba.com with the correct DOB, just go ahead and register again at mba.com with the correct DOB and the same id. Don't worry. If they have something different in the system and there is a problem, they will get in touch with you and sort it out. They will not hold you liable in case you had entered the correct DOB at mba.com while registering and the same DOB is there in your passport.
And I don't think you can register as a "new candidate" as otherwise, everyone with a bad past score would try to do that to clean the slate.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Need some urgent advice.. [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2012, 20:00
Thanks for the replies Karishma and GMATLA. Appreciate it.

@ Karishma- Sent you a PM. Can you please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks again,
Prat.
Re: Need some urgent advice..   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2012, 20:00