Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 12:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

need suggestion for career and MBA schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

need suggestion for career and MBA schools [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 03:16
Hi,

I am from India. I have over 10 years experience in ICT industry in the areas of Business and Network consulting. I am BE ( EXTC) and part-time Maters in management . I am thinking of MBA full time by taking career break for 1 year. I want to pursue it from USA/EUROPEAN university. I am good at academics and have received awards during academic studies as well as professional tenure. I want to do MBA to enhance my career in international job market.

I have four questions :

1. Can someone please let me know some good colleges in USA/EUROPE for 1 year full time course.

2. I think if I give GMAT, I can get GMAT score 640 easily .... is that good enough to get into good B-School ?

3. Got some calls from HULT Business school and Maryland universiy ..as per their criterion they can wave off GMAT requirement for 10 + years experience .....how good are these universities?

4. Are there any good university which can wave-off GMAT for experienced professional for 10 years and has placement assistance as well ?

thanks

regards
Rajesh
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: need suggestion for career and MBA schools [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 06:06
There are a lot of good universities in the US and Europe which provide a 1 year full time MBA program. IE,INSEAD,IMD,Oxford,Cambridge are some of the good programs in Europe. If you plan to go to US, then you can target Kellogg,Johnson,Goizueta,Mendoza and Marshall. I think the problem with getting into these programs will be your age. Most schools prefer candidates who are young(in their twenties) and have a good work experience. But if you have a very good profile and a strong motivation to do an MBA, you can definitely get into any of these programs. I think 640 is a little on the lower side, however strong the rest of your profile. Try to score atleast 680+ to have a good chance at top programs. Among HULT and Smith, Smith is a way better school. I think you should give a shot to the program at Smith. I cannot say the same for Hult. It is better to give GMAT and target better schools. Almost all top schools require candidates to give GMAT for admission into a full time MBA program. But you need to talk to the admissions office of your shortlisted schools to find out about GMAT waiver. Once you get into good programs, you need not worry about placement assistance as all top schools have a dedicated career services office.

Try to score well on your GMAT and shortlist your schools. Get your application verified by alumni of your target schools.

Download the free e-book on how to get into a top business school at : http://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: need suggestion for career and MBA schools [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 06:51
Hi there,

I agree with Interview Bay particularly about scoring a much higher gmat if you want to get into the top top schools.

I just wanted to add that with you age, generally the European schools (as opposed to the US schools) will take older candidates - IMD in particular so that could be a good option. Or maybe you want to consider part-time EMBA programs.

Good luck!

-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website www.fortunadmissions.com.

Re: need suggestion for career and MBA schools   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2014, 06:51