Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Suggestion for retake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Need Suggestion for retake [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2013, 10:10
Hey Guys,

I just gave my GMAT this Saturday and scored 670 (Q48 V34). It is not what I expected and also not a good enough score for the B Schools I am targeting. Nevertheless I am happy with the progress made in 2 -3 months and the score Progress I made from 580(Q47 V23). I must thank GMAT club and all the mods here they are doing fabulous work here. I really enjoyed GMAT journey thanks to GMAT club. Not to forget till date GMAT club score predictor is predicting Sub - 450 score for me :)

I wont say I am totally consent with my score but i am not at all sad about the score as well I have shown improvement in all of the categories Q (47 - 48), V(23- 35) , IR(3-4) , AWA(4-5). But what this score has done is left me confused whether to go for it again in a month or go ahead with Apps with time running out of my hand already . I cant delay MBA for one more year now.

Can experts please comment Can I improve my Q score till 49 - 50 ??? and Verbal from 34 - 38-40??? with in a month ???

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Suggestion for retake [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2013, 13:42
Expert's post
Anything is possible -- two quick questions.

1. What is your target score you'd be happy with?
2. How strong is the rest of your application? Do you 'need' an above-average GMAT score to make up for other perceived weaknesses?

Look forward to the discussion.

-Brian

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Need Suggestion for retake [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 03:41
brianlange77 wrote:
Anything is possible -- two quick questions.

1. What is your target score you'd be happy with?
2. How strong is the rest of your application? Do you 'need' an above-average GMAT score to make up for other perceived weaknesses?

Look forward to the discussion.

-Brian

Hello Brian,

Thanks for Replying.

1 My target score is 700 + . Is 30+ score is achievable in 3 weeks time. As I am not sure How I am going to improve my verbal score from here on.

2. My rest of application is average(I think so I may be wrong as well) . Average Acads, and Decent Work ex with 5+ years of Experience in MNCs in India, Involved in one of the NGOs, Member of few organizing Committees and an Active sportsperson in few games and represented football team at many levels.

I am going ahead with my Apps and Reco letters and SOPs . Also what ever time I get I keep on honing my verbal skills. But I am really not sure I can improve my Verbal Score from 35 to 40.

Also the schools I am targetting have 1st deadline on 31st Jan so I have time with me for those schools but for the schools I have kept as back up they have Average score 700 and have deadline in Jan 1st week.

Thanks so much for your time in advance.

Regards,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Suggestion for retake [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 20:24
Being a repeat test taker myself, I have just one advice for you - retake the test only if you are aware of what you are lacking in and that you will be working on in the next one month. Don't retake just for the sake of it because the score can easily go down 20 points as well for all you know. 670 is low for INSEAD though, but pretty competitive for AGSM. What other schools are you looking at?

Here's how I got a 760 on the GMAT

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Need Suggestion for retake [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 04:16
Ajax1 wrote:
Being a repeat test taker myself, I have just one advice for you - retake the test only if you are aware of what you are lacking in and that you will be working on in the next one month. Don't retake just for the sake of it because the score can easily go down 20 points as well for all you know. 670 is low for INSEAD though, but pretty competitive for AGSM. What other schools are you looking at?

You are spot on thats the fear I have for Retaking....

I am targeting MBS, NUS , Nanyang , USC

What other colleges are you looking for ?

Regards,
Abhinav

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Suggestion for retake [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2013, 11:35
Expert's post
Ajax1 wrote:

Totally agree with the sentiment here -- you need to now evolve your focus to be more about surgical areas of focus rather than broader strokers. That's how you improve now. Hope this helps and good luck!

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Re: Need Suggestion for retake   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2013, 11:35