Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Suggestions about B-School choices for application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Need Suggestions about B-School choices for application [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2012, 00:34
Hi All,

The more I seem to research on B-schools and dig deep, the more confused I get.
My primary goal is to land a job ASAP after my MBA which in my case is made all the more worrisome as I'm aiming to switch careers.

I have decided to apply to 5 schools for early-bird and R1, and depending on the outcome maybe 3 more for R2.
I would greatly appreciate some B-school suggestions and the underlying reasons for the same.

My profile is as follows,

BE Chemical 2006 [VTU, India]
GPA - 4.0 [First Class with Distinction]
GMAT - 710 [Q46,V41,AWA6.0]
Work Ex - 6 years of Software Development [Accenture, Mahindra Satyam & IBM]
Designation - Team Lead

Post Career Field of choice - Marketing and Strategy
Country of Interest - US preferably though I wouldn't mind Europe but not too sure about the post-MBA job prospects at present!!

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwin
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Need Suggestions about B-School choices for application [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 03:51
Ashwin84 wrote:
Hi All,

The more I seem to research on B-schools and dig deep, the more confused I get.
My primary goal is to land a job ASAP after my MBA which in my case is made all the more worrisome as I'm aiming to switch careers.

I have decided to apply to 5 schools for early-bird and R1, and depending on the outcome maybe 3 more for R2.
I would greatly appreciate some B-school suggestions and the underlying reasons for the same.

My profile is as follows,

BE Chemical 2006 [VTU, India]
GPA - 4.0 [First Class with Distinction]
GMAT - 710 [Q46,V41,AWA6.0]
Work Ex - 6 years of Software Development [Accenture, Mahindra Satyam & IBM]
Designation - Team Lead

Post Career Field of choice - Marketing and Strategy
Country of Interest - US preferably though I wouldn't mind Europe but not too sure about the post-MBA job prospects at present!!

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwin

Hello,

With given immediate target of finding a job , Europe will be a challenge (if you are planning to settle in europe). There are some good schools in Europe who are well valued in India.

If you are a career switcher, you should ideally focus on MBA with option of two years rather than one year, two years will help you

1) Two years will help you in learning the unknown areas of study

2) Two years will help you gain internship experience that will in turn help you find full time employement

It is difficult to pin point exact schools, and there is no short cut to this exercise. I would suggest you to talk to current students (especially indian students) who will help you understand the school / the challenges etc

Hope this helps

Thanks

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Suggestions about B-School choices for application [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 04:52
OasisGC wrote:
Ashwin84 wrote:
Hello,

With given immediate target of finding a job , Europe will be a challenge (if you are planning to settle in europe). There are some good schools in Europe who are well valued in India.

If you are a career switcher, you should ideally focus on MBA with option of two years rather than one year, two years will help you

1) Two years will help you in learning the unknown areas of study

2) Two years will help you gain internship experience that will in turn help you find full time employement

It is difficult to pin point exact schools, and there is no short cut to this exercise. I would suggest you to talk to current students (especially indian students) who will help you understand the school / the challenges etc

Hope this helps

Thanks

Exactly why I wasnt looking at Europe in the first place.
I have been doing a lot of research into the US b-schools but I'm still not able to shortlist my top 5.
I'm primarily looking for the following;

- Marketing Speciality schools [eg Kelley,Emory, Kellog etc]
- High percentage of International students
- High Internship acceptance rate
- Good on-campus recruitment stats

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwin
Re: Need Suggestions about B-School choices for application   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2012, 04:52