Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
You guys are always welcome to share the information here. We have several members joining everyday and i am sure atleast some would be interested in sharing their knowledge.

When I started this forum, I only knew one phd student and that is Anupag. This Ph.D forum is growing and if you guys keep contributing, I am sure this forum will be a good resource not just for marketing , but also for finance, operations and strategy

Regards
Praet

Originally posted by Praetorian on 11 Jun 2004, 23:19.
Last edited by Praetorian on 12 Jun 2004, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Praet,

I meant here only , but for people interested specifically in Marketing!

Let me take this opportunity to congratulate you for the expemplary work on this forum.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi,

thank you for your detailed suggestions. i found there're only a few junior faculties at Cornell now. I reviewed almost all the top programs, and found Univ of Chicago is very nice, what do you think about that? BTW, please have a look at the following list, and give me some comments:

Chicago, Stanford, Wharton, NWU, Duke, Columbia, Cornell, Berkeley, Harvard.

The above ones will be her targets.

Thank you.

anupag wrote:
Hi Yunfeiyang

Welcome to GMATClub.

It is quite difficult to rank PhD programs. It is also difficult to answer the very general query you have put up, however, I will try.

Marketing PhD programs look for candidates in roughly two streams - quantitative and behavioral. I suspect the latter is what suits your gf. Good Programs in behavioral marketing are Harvard, Kellog, Columbia, Wharton, NYU, Cornell, Insead. Flavour at MIT, Texas Austin, Carnegie Melon etc tends towards quantitative.

I am not sure how to answer placement question in general, but PhD placements at most of the top 20 univs are good. US univs hire their own (ie PhD's from other top univs in US only), while European univs are open.

Tough :? I am not sure how to rank. Probably the toughest PhD program is that of Rochester (Simon School) where routinely 50% of entrants drop out. However, candidates from all backgrounds enter PhD programs at various universities and survive, so it should not be a problem with your gf ! Best of Luck.
:P :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi,

no problem. your suggestions are welcome. :lol:
promothesh wrote:
Yun FeiYang,

What we can do about these specific kinds of information, is to probably form a group of people interested in Ph.D. in marketing and share the knowledge base. I know two more people who would be applying for Fall 2005.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4384 posts