Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need suggestions/help : B School Applications

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Need suggestions/help : B School Applications [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 01:14
Hi

I took GMAT on 6th Sept 2012 - 630 (Q50, V25), two days later on 8th Sept 2012 - I took my Toefl test: score 111.
I was seriously disappointed with the GMAT score and thought of giving it another shot.
Took GMAT (second attempt on 19th Oct 2012) - score: 680 (Q51 V29).

I know this is not a good score but as far as I think and what a I heard from friends and seniors, this seems to be an OK score.
honestly i now dont have the energy or time left for a third attempt. so i am posing some questions, and help/suggestions from all are welocme.

Profile:
I have worked with firms like Accenture, Deloitte, and Infosys.
Currently I am a SAP consultant with total experience of 38months. I am into Consulting/IT stream and want to shift to finance domain.
I have a CGPA of 8.2/10 in B.tech from an average college JIITU, NOIDA. I am also a prospective candidate for CFA L1. I enjoy finance and earger to learn. Also, as my score says, I love mathematics and numbers.

Question:
1. How good the score is to get me into a decent US/Singapore B-school along with my mentioned profile?
2. My only aim is not the top colleges as I dnt have a high GMAT score. But, a decent college with good scholarship or a fellowship is my cup of tea right now. So, what schools can i target as per this requirement?
3. I dont want to restrict myself to US or Singapore only, so any suggestions about B school in countries other than these are welcome.

It would be very helpful if experts guide me through school selection as per my profile/requirements.
Also, I would like all sorts of suggestions and comments from anyone or everyone who is willing to help/guide me.

Regards
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Need suggestions/help : B School Applications [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 09:55
Kindly respond to the above post and provide me your valuable inputs.
Re: Need suggestions/help : B School Applications   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2012, 09:55