Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Need suggestions to evaluate my options. Pls help. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I think you can be in play at those schools, with a 630 you can't be super confident but they accept enough candidates with similar GMAT scores that your chances are reasonable
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Saakshi,

All of these are good schools - but almost all of them will be difficult. (I'm sorry to be the conveyor of bad news).

Regards,
Karthik

saakshisinghania wrote:
Hi. I recently gave GMAT and scored a 630 (Q48, V28). I was really expecting a much better score. English in the exam seemed to be a lot harder than what I encountered during the practice tests. At this stage I don't feel quite confident about retaking GMAT because I had really prepared well and was getting around 700 on my practice tests by the end of my preparation and at this point I am not really sure about how to prepare for it again. So here is a little bit about my background and the doubts I have in mind.

I am an Indian applicant (and I am guessing that makes everything even more competitive for me). I have an average GPA from a decent Engineering college in India. I have 3.5 years of work-ex in a managerial position in a well known global organisation. I also have some community work experience and international exposure of an internship along with decent extra curriculars from my college time. While I am thinking of taking GMAT again, as mentioned earlier, I don't feel quite sure about it. I also don't know if my work ex can possibly give me an edge over my low GMAT score.

I am not chasing the Harwards, Standfords and Whartons of the world. But would want to consider other good colleges like UCLA, Cornell, Ross, McCombs, Tepper, etc. Could I possibly have relatively better chances of getting into to Kelley (Indiana) and Smith (Maryland) - specific question triggered by looking at their GMAT range which includes 630 in these schools vs the other schools mentioned above. Or should i just retake GMAT because it is highly unlikely for me to get accepted any of these schools? Because honestly, I am not really sure if I stand a chance in any of these colleges for that matter with my current score.

Also would anyone know how good are the programs at Eller (Arizona), Krannert (Purdue), Simon (Rochester) and Smeal (Pennsylvania)?

I know there are no right or wrong answers to these things but any and all opinions are most welcome. Thanks.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
saakshisinghania wrote:
Hi. I recently gave GMAT and scored a 630 (Q48, V28). I was really expecting a much better score. English in the exam seemed to be a lot harder than what I encountered during the practice tests. At this stage I don't feel quite confident about retaking GMAT because I had really prepared well and was getting around 700 on my practice tests by the end of my preparation and at this point I am not really sure about how to prepare for it again. So here is a little bit about my background and the doubts I have in mind.

I am an Indian applicant (and I am guessing that makes everything even more competitive for me). I have an average GPA from a decent Engineering college in India. I have 3.5 years of work-ex in a managerial position in a well known global organisation. I also have some community work experience and international exposure of an internship along with decent extra curriculars from my college time. While I am thinking of taking GMAT again, as mentioned earlier, I don't feel quite sure about it. I also don't know if my work ex can possibly give me an edge over my low GMAT score.

I am not chasing the Harwards, Standfords and Whartons of the world. But would want to consider other good colleges like UCLA, Cornell, Ross, McCombs, Tepper, etc. Could I possibly have relatively better chances of getting into to Kelley (Indiana) and Smith (Maryland) - specific question triggered by looking at their GMAT range which includes 630 in these schools vs the other schools mentioned above. Or should i just retake GMAT because it is highly unlikely for me to get accepted any of these schools? Because honestly, I am not really sure if I stand a chance in any of these colleges for that matter with my current score.

Also would anyone know how good are the programs at Eller (Arizona), Krannert (Purdue), Simon (Rochester) and Smeal (Pennsylvania)?

I know there are no right or wrong answers to these things but any and all opinions are most welcome. Thanks.

Dude, the solution is easy: just retake the test.

I mean, if you have been getting 700s on your practice tests, there's no reason at all for you to apply with anything less than the absolutely highest maximum score you can get, especially as an Indian candidate.

So just retake that test, and try and ace it this time.

Best,
Jon
GMAT Club Bot