Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NEED SUPPORT! 430 to 650? Is it possible

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

NEED SUPPORT! 430 to 650? Is it possible [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 14:22
I need some serious help. I am so discouraged! I have been studying for a solid 2 months, at least 2-3 hours a day religously.. and I just got back from second prep score, thinking I would be ready in 2 weeks and it was a 430.

I am applying for Phd programs and need something amazing.. Should I continue my fight or giveup. Or am i just an idiot! What is wrong! I only have a month or so left before I need to send in applications. Any help would be huge!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 16:22
When you say you just got back from second prep score, does that mean you just took the GMATprep or was it some other prep test? Other prep tests may not be reliable in helping you ascertain you actual scoring level. If you mean you got 430 on the GMATprep, then I would say that you have a lot of work ahead of you. It's possible to go from 430 to 650, but a month probably isn't enough time to make that type of improvement.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 20:12
It's very much possible my friend.

I suggest you to consider taking prep course, it helps a lot & also to some extent makes it compulsory to study :)

Don't give up, I have seen miracles happening on GMAT front for many people. I had told on the forum some time back about my friend who scored 590 on first attempt & 780 on next attemp!!! :shock:

Keep up the hard work & focus!

Cheers
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 20:54
ABOSLUTELY! U can get a lot more...! Just practice practice practice! All the best!
Intern
Intern

Thank you! [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 08:27
Thank you so much for your help.. the first person wrote that, "Hey give up, not possible "- but then after reading the forum today and addressing my action plan, I woke up with a different attitude, and less depressed!

Thank you so much for your inspiring advice and support. I plan on taking at least a month and a half more time to study and not give myself such a time cap this time.. and take it as it comes. and if I need more time, take it! Don't give up!

My plan - do an error log, practice, practice, practice, and address my verbal which I thought was going to my strong point - who knew math would be higher! Well, almost 2 months on just math and a week on verbal..oppos :-D

Thank you!!
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 13:54
is it possible?

yes.

will it be difficult?

of course.

can you do it?

no doubt.

and this is a timely post for you:
http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=35919

So, DON'T GIVE UP!!!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 20:16
Heck Yea it is possible!! Forget your target score and just do the best you can, too many people get tied up in a specific score they "have to get". There is not school I know of that says you MUST get this score, you can always get close to and focus on your strengths during the interview and application process... Getting discouraged is pointless, you will not get anywhere. Pull your head up and go for it!!!!!!!!!1

P.S.
Best of luck!!!
  [#permalink] 29 Sep 2006, 20:16