Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need to Improve Quant from Q44 to Q48 in 2 Weeks. PLS HELP!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Need to Improve Quant from Q44 to Q48 in 2 Weeks. PLS HELP!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 00:33
Apologies in advance for a similar topic that's been posted before, but I would REALLY appreciate advice as it pertains to my situation:

2 weeks left until D day.
Currently scoring around Q44 but am desperately trying to hit Q48.
I know 2 weeks isn't much, but I can devote 6 to 8 hours a day everyday until exam day.

What is the best way to study with my remaining 2 weeks? My weaknesses seem to be loosely scattered across all topics within quant and I can't seem to identify any decisive strengths or weaknesses. I keep an error log and review questions that I get wrong on any practice tests.

Currently, I am using the GMAT Club tests and MGMAT CATs and reviewing every question I miss, but does anybody have any suggestions as to how I could use my remaining time most effectively to try to make one final boost in my quant score?

I am beginning to panic and any strategies, methods, or suggestions you have based on experience would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated!

Urgent replies would be extremely helpful!! Thanks in advance!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 120 [1] , given: 63

Re: Need to Improve Quant from Q44 to Q48 in 2 Weeks. PLS HELP!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 01:59
This post received
KUDOS
Suggestions sent via PM.

Click +1 kudos if my post helped.
Intern
Intern

Re: Need to Improve Quant from Q44 to Q48 in 2 Weeks. PLS HELP!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 02:14
Thanks again nelz007, I've given you a +1 kudos.

If anybody else has suggestions as well, I'd love to hear them.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 63

Re: Need to Improve Quant from Q44 to Q48 in 2 Weeks. PLS HELP!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 02:32
you can download GMAT prep questions. There is a good list of questions compiled over here...

198-level-700-questions-from-gmat-prep-i-141117.html

Also from many debrief's I've read a lot of them suggest to buy the question pack 1 from GMAT prep which is around 30 dollars they feel those questions are quite close to the difficulty you will face..

As for strategies which section are you finding difficulties in?
Intern
Intern

Re: Need to Improve Quant from Q44 to Q48 in 2 Weeks. PLS HELP!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 03:00
With strategies, it's difficult to zone in on a particular problem area. As mentioned, my weaknesses seem to loosely be all over the map with regards to quant. A few things I can say I've noticed are:

DS is weaker than PS
Trouble with word problems, particularly long ones: can include overlapping sets problems, mixture problems, rate problems, all depending on the level of difficulty.
Number theory seems to be ok, but there are still many problems I get wrong on them, partially due to careless error, but morelikely because of low efficiency when testing numbers to plug in.
Recursive sequences
combinations and permutations
Re: Need to Improve Quant from Q44 to Q48 in 2 Weeks. PLS HELP!!   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2012, 03:00