Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 00:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need to vent.. about my practice scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Need to vent.. about my practice scores [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2006, 12:34
Last night I took my Kaplan CAT 3 and was very dissapointed to see a mere 610.. ha!!.. All my previous practice scores have been around 7** range.. WhaT A SHOCKER.. I got 15 math questions wrong.. my Math score was 40, the lowest I have ever had!..I felt extremely frustated.. and still am thinking about my Math score.. I think I need to let it out to make myself better.. the reason behind this post.. Still can't believe that I got such a low score.. I dont feel like working.. hmm too bad I get paid for it.. I am glad to be a software eng.. atleast I can visit this forum at my will..ahh.. I need to start blogging..

Die Kaplan.. If someone has a PR test and want to trade off with a KAPLAN test, I'd be more than glad to it.. This way both parties will have a different experience.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . m maddddddddd

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2006, 16:33
Okay, I still feel bad.. I think I am gonna take one more test pretty soon to feel better about myself...

Last edited by bewakoof on 06 Mar 2006, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2006, 17:10
bewakoof, don't worry about your kaplan scores as you might know, it is of above average difficulty level. The only thing which could raise an eyebrow is the math questions for if you want a good quant score 47+, you should definitely get less than 15 mistakes.

Verbal, especially RC, should be dismissed as overly convoluted so don't fret over it. My Kaplan scores were all below 700, from 590 to 690 and I still got 710 on the real thing.

Kaplan is to avoid in the 2 weeks prior to the exam as it will just wear out your confidence. Instead, focus your energy on PR2005 or more recent versions. Of course, if you have not done the GMATPREP CDs, do it. Moreover, the challenges, at least to me, are very effective in building up your stamina and math skills.

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2006, 10:12
Thanks Paul for the words of encouragement..

Yes, I did notice a lot of people scoring low on Kaplan and doing much better in the regular tests. I still was just feeling low..

oh.. yes.. I have saved my two GMATPrep tests for last 2 weeks. I am taking my Ultimate Practice Test on March 28th and my GMAT on April 10th.. I will do one GMATPrep in between and one just before my ultimate practice test. I am unable to find PowerPrep from mba.com anymore.. Vivek gave me a link and that doesn't work either.. Need to get my hands to PowerPrep somehow.. I will take one more Kaplan..

btw.. I took 37 questions from the GMAT quiz bank of Kaplan and got only 2 wrong.. What a relief!!.. I have slowed down a bit on each question to make sure I understand the question correctly.. There is no need to rush since there are no bonus points for finishing the exam early. Always keep an eye on the clock and keep a steady pace. You are bound to have few questions, which are going to be relatively easy and few where you will have to spend an extra min..

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2006, 13:49
You will do very good in the real exam. Don't panic over Kaplan tests. They are not representative of real test. More so their verbal section.

All the best. Bell the cat :)

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2006, 22:07
thanks duttsit..

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2006, 22:11
got done with my 4th kaplan CAT.. 670 .. :(..

it seems that i cant cross the 700 mark.. hmm.. i think m gonna take pp1 . sometime this week. i saved them for last month.. i am pretty sure my score will be biased. since i have gone through OG. but what can you do.. hmm what else?? my verbal is stuck in 30's for Kaplan.. and since Kaplan verbal is tougher than the real exam i m hoping a 5 point increase in real exam.. surprisingly im doing pretty well in RC but not so well in CR(apparently my strongest point in verbal).. sc is 70 percent..

I do believe though doing your essays in your practice exams is a good practice.. i pumps you up for your math section and gets you in the exam mode.. Also i believe keep a constant eye on clock.. i spent 8 min.. on two retarded math question.. Eat your ego up!!!!!.. argh.. and because of that i missed 3 semi-easy ones.. was tryin to catch up with speed..

2 more weeks before the ultimate test 4 more before the real exam!..

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2006, 21:44
Well i am very dissapointed today.. i scored a mere 640 on my GMATPrep.. It seems that I am scoring higher in my Kaplan than my GMATPrep test.. It ruined my day.. i think its gonna ruin my entire week.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If Kaplan is supposed to be harder than GMAT, than it logically follows that I should get higher score in my GMATPrep tests.. but I got the lowest of them alll.. I think all is going down hill.. 640 :(

What should I do?????????/

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

[#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2006, 22:18
Kaplan CD scores were all much lower for me.

I scored 710 on the actual test.

The screen format sucks on Kaplan. Could they make the window any smaller. I hate them.

All they did was hurt my confidence.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2006, 08:49
With each passing day, I see people scoring not up to their potential.. argh.. that feeling of may be I will get defeated too, is setting in!.. I am just an average student.. I have worked hard on this exam, and a lot depends on it.

Note to myself: Study HARDDDD

Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2006, 09:34
Bewakoof

I would suggest that you don't get disheartened by your scores. It is quite possible that your practice scores might be low but on the test day you could score in the 7xx range. Just make sure taht you know the concepts.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2006, 11:36
On February 26, I took a mock GMAT at Rice University run by Kaplan. I got a 610, which was lower than most of the practice scores I got during the month before.

On March 14, I took the actual GMAT and got a 730. So, don't sweat a bad practice score, just because one of your scores was low, even the most recent.

That said, use the practice tests to see where you are weak (there's one or more such places for everyone) or likely to get careless. Error logs are like maps to the minefield; they help you avoid real problems on the actual test day.

Good luck.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 13:44
I took my Ultimate practice test with Kaplan GMAT today.. 700, not bad.. eh?? but nothing to be proud of either.. I dont think Kaplan is harder than real GMAT.. I found the GMATPrep questions to be lot difficult than the Kaplan questions.. Well, it was a good experience to be in the same setting as the real test. Test went well..

Quant 52, Verbal 35.. I know I have to work a lot on verbal.. The 22 years of not reading cant be made up in few months.. I am trying my best and hopefully on April 10th, I will smile again..

[#permalink] 28 Mar 2006, 13:44