Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 23:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Urgent help , GMAT in 2 days

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need Urgent help , GMAT in 2 days [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2006, 19:39
hi all im new to the forum here,

ive been preparing for the GMAT for around 2 months now , the last month i was on vacation so i concetrated much more.

I never took the GMAT before. on my practice tests i had good scores in Q:

Princton Q 40 , GMATPREP 46 and POWERPREP 39

however in verbal i was scoring 28 to 34 in 800score tests. and was so confident cuz all what i need on the real thing is 550 score. then suddenly when i took the Powerprep Exams i scored 17 , 18 !!!!!! :((

i used out the GMATprep exams i dont think i can practice them again i already know the answers. i NEED

at least 30 in VERBAL

i studied math from OG 11 and Q review solved all the 700 questions. plus all questions in Princton review.

i studied verbal from Princton , solved all Questions other than RC. cuz i think that i dont want to watse time on RC here. i will depend on my fast reading on the EXAM. and for SC and CR i solved more than 75% of princton Questions correct.

i also bought MANHATTAN SC prep. its nice but i didnt practice all the OG 11 questions yet.

can some one advice me what to do in my last 48 hours to the EXAM ?

assume that postponing the GMAT is out of the question.

i only have the following for Verbal : flash cards from beat the gmat.

OG 11. Princton Reviews and Manhattan SC.

EXAM time :

27th June 1 PM.

thanks all

plz reply to me ASAP am waiting here.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2006, 21:50
In two days you can't change the world. But the best you can do is - stay focussed (no negative thoughts) and remind yourself not to panic during the exam.
From my firsthand experience with taking this exam twice, I think the key is to stay positive even when you think/feel you are not doing well. Believe me, during the exam if you think you are messing it up, you'll be most often wrong (it will be actually better that you think, but ofcourse you can't see it). If there is any mess up, it will be due to these thoughts.
Take it question at a time. You've had good practice. Be confident and you'll do well. Good Luck.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2006, 22:38
Thanks for the reply.

well.. you are right i think i need a positive attitude ( not to take the results to seriosly and not to panic )

one thing good about me is that i can absorb alot of practice quesitons daily , it happened with math , that is usually tougher to do than verbal.

so i was planning to do the following in the next 48 hours :

since i only need to score 550+ on GMAT , ill try to target Q(35-40) , V(25-30).

Sunday : Solve all SC questions on OG 11 in hand with Manhattan SC. and mark all the wrongs. then do 20 CR also from OG 11.

Monday : Review all SC wrongs. do 50 CR from OG 11.

Tuesday ( 2 hours before tha exam and after breakfast ) :

do 5 already chosen Quantitive problems. and spend 15 min going throu the flash cards i have for final refreshements.

i thought that since i was scoring 28,29,32,34 on Verbal from 800score. and around 25 on GMATprep. there must be a problem happened when i scored 17, 18 on Verbal in PowerPreps !!! maybe i wasnt takeing it seriosly. i got so frustraited at that time.

any one has another advice on my PLAN ? plz reply ASAP. its 2:30 am now and i will sleep to wake up at 11 am. i will check the replies when i wake up in case someone posted a better plan for me.

what are my chances to get the 550 with that ? anyone !

:) wish me all the luck and ill be waitng for more of ur experience.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2006, 23:51
You'll make it, don't worry, just relax :) I'm undergoing the unbearable moments before G-day here, too ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2006, 06:42
I am right there with you guys too - my test is tomorrow at 12:30 - my second round with the GMAT. Shooting for a 680-700. First time I hit a 640. I just need to keep the thoughts positive and relax today.

Last time I didnt pace myself on the math and fell behind. I worked myself up over how everyone said it was harder then any test prep material. I believe with proper pacing you will do fine on both sections.

Of course I am worried about somce concepts, I might review them today for about an hour or two but I mostly want to relax. Tomorrow do a couple warm ups and then I am going to rock this test with everything I have.

Best of luck to all.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2006, 07:41
Good luck to all you guys!

I believe its yogurt!

VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2006, 10:33
I wish you all to achieve your dream score tomorrow!!!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2006, 10:53
Good luck to you ..

Let us informed about your scores and exam experience ..

:good All the best
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2006, 14:22
assumption that you cant postpone the test is wrong.

you can postpone the exam if you want. you loose 250 bucks. Not much when compared with the cost of MBA.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 175 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2006, 07:49
Your plan's good. Keep focused with OG. Don't do too many questions. Concentrate on the error log. Make sure you understood why you did it wrong. Relax and rest. Don't overburden your brain. Tomorrow, no need to do any more questions. Just review your error log and flash cards. Keep your mind clear and refreshed. Bring a power drink with you. Take the break. Be confident and hopeful. Don't panic if you see a hard question.

Good luck! You can do it!

(Lexie, when is your test day?) Good luck to all who are gonna take your tests!

Hong

Keep on asking, and it will be given you;
keep on seeking, and you will find;
keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 236

Kudos [?]: 1478 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2006, 09:00
willget800 wrote:
assumption that you cant postpone the test is wrong.

you can postpone the exam if you want. you loose 250 bucks. Not much when compared with the cost of MBA.

I think if you postpone within the 1 week period you lose the $250 and pay $50 to move it too.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2006, 14:07
thanks all for your support.

well the exam is tommorow and im reviewing my SC and doing some problems.

after i spend sometime with SC i will review some final summaries for both SC and CR.

i will try my best to relax. by the way Hong hu , what is the best thing to do in a break ? drink a powerhourse? or eat a candy bar ?

for Willget800 :

thanks for the reply but : the assumption that i can afford postponing the delay is Wrong. because when i typed : assume that postponing the GMAT is out of the question i Meant it. for many reasons out of my hand. for instance : the deadline for my Application is July 1st. and postpoing the GMAT to june 30th wont make a big difference but loosing 250 bucks.

" compered to MBA cost " well simply my MBA is free :).

thanks again guys and wish me luck. relaxation is the key.

i hope i come back with good news
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2006, 16:04
Wowww.. I wish my MBA was free too.
Been saving up almost a year to go to Said or Judge and I'm only halfway there just so I can spend a year studying and eating beans out of a can :wink:

Anyway, to everyone involved, best of luck with your GMAT.

I've got 24 days till mine (Attempt No2) , and I'm seriously considering rescheduling.

I am only one; but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller

SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 175 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2006, 17:23
Hmmm good question. What do one do in ones break? I drank a soft drink (that's enough power for me for I normally don't drink much anything except water hehe). I suppose you could also eat a candy bar. The most important thing is relax and forget the last section. Your mind might want to review what happened in the section you just finished and get all excited or depressed about it. Try to tell yourself not to. Refocus to the next section. And just rest.

Good luck!

Keep on asking, and it will be given you;
keep on seeking, and you will find;
keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 236

Kudos [?]: 1478 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2006, 06:51
HongHu wrote:
Hmmm good question. What do one do in ones break? I drank a soft drink (that's enough power for me for I normally don't drink much anything except water hehe). I suppose you could also eat a candy bar. The most important thing is relax and forget the last section. Your mind might want to review what happened in the section you just finished and get all excited or depressed about it. Try to tell yourself not to. Refocus to the next section. And just rest.

Good luck!

I avoid sugars. They give you energy, but they eventually slow you down... you crash on sugar - better to eat something like a sandwich.

Also, your exam is today -

GOOD LUCK
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2006, 07:18
hrowaihy wrote:
thanks all for your support.

" compered to MBA cost " well simply my MBA is free :).

i hope i come back with good news

ha? and where do they give the free MBAs? :lol:

good luck on the test today!
  [#permalink] 27 Jun 2006, 07:18