Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 01:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need your opinion!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need your opinion! [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2005, 07:00
Hi Linda,

First of all, I think that you are doing an awesome service here by helping prospective applicants. I went through a couple of posts and found your opinions to be really good.
Now I am writing my profile and hope that you can point me to the right schools.:)

Details: Male/Indian
GMAT: 710, TOEFL: 298/300
Education: I did my Bachelors in Germany. Major in Information Technology, Minor in Business Administration (in English). Graduated with an A grade.
Work Experience: 3 years (at present) in Germany. Have been working at the largest IT company in Germany and the 3rd largest in the world. No leadership position at Job as I am a Software Developer.

I was the Student President of the Bachelor Program at my University for one year. I even spent 6 months as an Exchange Student at a good University in the UK. My experience has been very International until now since I am an Indian who has spent all his adult life in Europe. I am not really into Community Service but have helped organize an Event at the company where I am working.

I plan to apply for Fall 2006. I am perplexed because I cannot really gage where my application stands as compared to the other applicants from the IT Industry.

Which top schools should I apply to? Where do you think do I have a very good chance of getting in?
Thanks and looking forward to your reply!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [0], given: 64

Re: Need your opinion! [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2005, 15:25
Expert's post
Phoenix wrote:
Hi Linda,

First of all, I think that you are doing an awesome service here by helping prospective applicants. I went through a couple of posts and found your opinions to be really good.
Now I am writing my profile and hope that you can point me to the right schools.:)

Education: I did my Bachelors in Germany. Major in Information Technology, Minor in Business Administration (in English). Graduated with an A grade.
Work Experience: 3 years (at present) in Germany. Have been working at the largest IT company in Germany and the 3rd largest in the world. No leadership position at Job as I am a Software Developer.

I was the Student President of the Bachelor Program at my University for one year. I even spent 6 months as an Exchange Student at a good University in the UK. My experience has been very International until now since I am an Indian who has spent all his adult life in Europe. I am not really into Community Service but have helped organize an Event at the company where I am working.

I plan to apply for Fall 2006. I am perplexed because I cannot really gage where my application stands as compared to the other applicants from the IT Industry.

Which top schools should I apply to? Where do you think do I have a very good chance of getting in?

What do you want to do after your MBA?

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need your opinion! [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2005, 05:33
Accepted.com wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Hi Linda,

After a brief but adequate stint with a reputed multi-national IT Company where I hope to get the required managerial experience, I would like to set up my own IT Company, preferably with Venture Capital. MBA would help me to obtain a strong foundation in Financial Management and also provide the required exposure to innovative Marketing Strategies.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [0], given: 64

Re: Need your opinion! [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2005, 21:41
Expert's post
Phoenix wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Hi Linda,

After a brief but adequate stint with a reputed multi-national IT Company where I hope to get the required managerial experience, I would like to set up my own IT Company, preferably with Venture Capital. MBA would help me to obtain a strong foundation in Financial Management and also provide the required exposure to innovative Marketing Strategies.

Consider the following schools: MIT, CMU, Haas, Duke, UT, NYU.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog