I'm new to the world of GMAT so I was looking for some advice on how to go about slaying this beast. My personal situation is:
- Looking to write the GMAT in February 2013 (5 months from now). This timeframe is extendible of course if it's not enough time given the below.
- Aiming for a score of 700
- My self-assessment would be that I am weak in quants in general, stronger in verbal areas.
- Studying for the CFA Level III at the same time.
Given the above, my original thought was to devote every weekend between now and February 2013 to preparation for the GMAT, but I'm unsure whether that timeframe is workable, and the more I research, more conflicting the information I get back seems to be!
So given all of this, I wanted to ask:
1. I'm starting the GMAT prep process fresh, with no prior experience - is my timetable workable given the difficulty of reaching 700?
2. If it is workable, what's a good way to organize the studying, given that I would have to focus much more on quants then verbal?
3. What particular books or online resources would you guys recommend? There seems to be tons of stuff out there and I'm not sure where to begin...but the Official Guides and Manhattan series books seem to be well-regarded from what I gather.
4. Any other tips for someone who is a newbie to the whole GMAT world?
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!