Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Neeley Thread Master
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 69

Reviews Badge
Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 06:03
Texas Christian University : M J Neeley School of Business

Admitted Students Thread.

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted to the class of 2016 at Neeley!

:wave

All Admitted folks,
This thread is for you. Feel free to discuss.

Roll Call

NOTE :- The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.
1 KUDOS received
Neeley Thread Master
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 69

Reviews Badge
Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 00:55
This post received
KUDOS
Below is the first-hand on-campus interview experience shared by one of the current admitted student (GMATCLUB Id: mpmcdonald119)

I was invited to have an on-campus or Skype interview, but chose to visit Fort Worth and see things first hand. It started as a group interview with about 8 other perspective students with a variety of backgrounds. The director of the program ran through a standard introduction to Neeley type presentation and we were then split into groups of 3.

During the course of the day we met with the career services department (very impressive), had individual interviews with adcom (about 1-hour), went to an MBA management class, and ended having lunch with some current students. Overall great experience and it was clear that the adcom had only invited people whom they were truly interested in. Even the teacher of the class we attended knew something about each applicant.

Fort Worth seems like a nice town and the campus itself is what you would expect from a high end private institution. Over the summer (July/August) there is a 6-week intro course to the MBA program. I don't know all the details yet, however you begin working with your career counselor right then which gives you plenty of time to flush out your options. Furthermore, you present in a case competition before local business execs's at the end of the course before school even starts. Plenty of chances to make strong first impressions.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: Q0 V0
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 0

Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 21:08
This post received
KUDOS
Folks !! I am joining TCU-Neeley. I also paid the $500 deposit.

I got this list of expenses(Tuition+Boarding+Miscellaneous) from the Admissions Team. The total cost for 2 yrs comes to around 120K. From what I heard, there are 4 Indian students in the 2015 class. I spoke to two of them.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 0

Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 21:55
This post received
KUDOS
Below are some pointers I got from 2015 students:

1. Neeley is great in terms of Teaching, Facilities and Location. It is a small program with the resources of a big program. The endowment for TCU is $1 Billion. For other big Universities, the endowments average around $300 Million. The Professors go out of their way to teach you sumthing you are passionate about. But don't expect them to recommend you for a job.

2. TCU brand is recognized and respected throughout Texas. But, in other parts of the country, it is not very popular.
Many Indians are also not that familiar with the TCU brand. That's bcoz.. not many MS Engineering students go to TCU. (Bottomline: Whatever you hear abt the Brand, the MBA program is a real gem and is worth the effort)

3. Campus placements are minimal/Non-existent for International students. But it is also the case with other so-called Top 25 B-schools. In that way, Neeley students have the advantage of Location. Dallas is home to some 10000 corporations. Networking is the key.

4. On-campus housing is expensive. However, a two-bedroom apartment outside the campus costs around $700-800. The same costs $1500 in Newyork/Boston/California.

5. Marketing and Supply-chain are the popular concentrations at Neeley. Finance folks- If you have an admit from some other B-school on the East coast, you better go for it. That is where, all the big Investment banks are located.

6. When it comes to Industry sectors, Dallas is famous the Energy/Technology/Airline companies.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 21:59
All Indian students who decided to join TCU. Please share your Contact Information. We can collaborate on i20/Visa/Accommodation issues. We can rent a 2 bed-room apartment on sharing basis.

I also heard that public transport is almost non-existent in DFW. We may have to buy a car if we find off-campus accommodation.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 07:29
Yeah...we would have to buy a car.....public transport is non existent......what is the cost of living you guys are planning for ?$16200 as mentioned in Financial statement is kinda expensive...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 03:58
All those who have paid the deposit and are looking to join please pm me. Looking to discuss further on the apartment/visa/food etc....
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 134

Kudos [?]: 849 [0], given: 825

Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 09:47
Expert's post
Fellow applicants,

I would like you to know that we have a new forum for MBA debriefs where admitted members can share their admission experience.

I request the admitted students to spare some time and post their admission experience in the forum and help the other applicants. Applicants could discuss with the admitted students to learn from their experiences.

Here is the forum link: http://gmatclub.com/forum/share-your-application-experience-332/

Cheers,

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Re: Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!!   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2014, 09:47