Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Negotiating with schools and your advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Negotiating with schools and your advice [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2007, 05:07
This post was
BOOKMARKED
So I've gotten into Chicago GSB, Ross, and UNC. Unfortunately, I haven't received any scholarships. I didn't expect to get any but because my wife and I both work for non-profits, we were hoping to pull in a little bit. OK back to the main topic. As I've mentioned in a few other posts, I'm currently leaning towards Ross because of a few reasons, the school's focus on general management, marketing, sustainability, the whole Ann Arbor culture, my wife wants to live in Ann Arbor more, etc. However, i wondered if I could use my acceptance to Chicago to see if I could get a bit of money from Ross. What do you think? Any chance, any prayer?

Also, do you think I'm crazy for turning down the better branded school in Chicago. As I'm researching both schools, I feel that Chicago may give me a few more opportunities in recruiting but not that much more because I don't care about finance. Ross seems to be very comparable when it comes to recruiting. What do you guys think?

I know their are some other posts about Chicago v. Ross but I thought....gosh I want to be important and start my own.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2007, 05:21
There is quite a bit of discussion on Ross vs. Chicago on BW.

As far as the scholarship, I would say the best thing to do is get in contact with them as soon as possible. Other people will be doing the same and the money drys up quickly.

I think you have a pretty good reason to request (working non-profit). Also, Ann Arbor is a little less expensive than Chicago to live in, so that should help. I haven't done the research as to who to contact, but you can always start with the person who called to admit you to at least explain your situation and ask who you need to contact.

Ross is pretty quick with financial aid, I filled out my FAFSA before the admit for the March 1 deadline and heard back from Ross re: loans less than a week after my admit.

Both Chicago and Ross have very active Partner Clubs so your wife would probably end up having a great 2 years wherever you choose.

p.s. What is the Chicago GSB equivalent to "The Bus" :-D
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2007, 07:18
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm going to put a call in to the Adcom who called me. If it doesn't work out, I'm still pysched that I got into these Ross and Chicago.
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

Re: Negotiating with schools and your advice [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 11:57
What was the outcome of your negotiation? I'm in a similar situation and would love to hear your story/advice.
Re: Negotiating with schools and your advice   [#permalink] 12 May 2011, 11:57