Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 00:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Nervous anxiety got the best of me...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2006, 04:01
Just got back from two weeks overseas and must say I am overwhelmed by the support this club has to offer! You guys (and gals) rock!! Thanks for helping me pull out of the pit of 2005, and rise to the challenge of 2006. Whatever it takes, however long it takes, and whoever else I can help in the process, this will be a strong and successful year :boxer2

Thanks for all your words of encouragement gang! See you in the forum soon.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2006, 05:13
GMATT73 wrote:
Just got back from two weeks overseas and must say I am overwhelmed by the support this club has to offer! You guys (and gals) rock!! Thanks for helping me pull out of the pit of 2005, and rise to the challenge of 2006. Whatever it takes, however long it takes, and whoever else I can help in the process, this will be a strong and successful year :boxer2

Welcome back. ;-)

Auge um Auge, Zahn um Zahn :twisted: !

VP
VP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2006, 09:02
GMATT73 wrote:

I have some convoluted SCs for you, come back soon :P

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 01:49
Matt, welcome you back to our forum~!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ . I'm glad that you had an enjoyable vacation and restored your energy, mind and stamina to continue to conquer GMAT!! :) . I've been reclusive these days as well due to my final exams ( I've just finished the last one 1 hour ago :roll: ) ..so annoyed that i couldn't take time to participate in forum. Well, guess i just take a rest the rest of today first and come back soon :) . Let's continue to contribute to each other's learning~! :wink: ^_^
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 02:14
Laxie, Duttsit, Gamjatang, Vithal, Paul, Nakib, Vivek, Christof, Vikramm, and Antoine: Thanks a million for all your support! It`s people like you that give people like me hope. Without hope and ambition, life can be pretty darn dismal.... Whatever I can do to help, don`t hesitate to ask.

Matt
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 15:14
Hey Matt guess what I am back too...lets rock!! and get this ETS outta of our wayz...what do you say?

To all...lets get rolling..Matt and I are gonna kick some GMAT @$$ and of course the exam proctor...

cmon folks where are the cheers...

GMATT73 wrote:
Laxie, Duttsit, Gamjatang, Vithal, Paul, Nakib, Vivek, Christof, Vikramm, and Antoine: Thanks a million for all your support! It`s people like you that give people like me hope. Without hope and ambition, life can be pretty darn dismal.... Whatever I can do to help, don`t hesitate to ask.

Matt
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2006, 10:11
Hello GMATT73,

I have recently taken my gmat. also scored much lower than expected.
read your experience. it was exactly the same for me, except that you managed to sleep 1 hour, while i didn't sleep at all.
When did you find that you can't think? with me it happend in the begining of the Verbal.

Do you think it happened becasue of the lack of rest? Or may be it is because of some other reason?
Im going to retake it next month, but still not sure what was the reason of that phenomenon.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2006, 06:21
GMAT score is really not evaluation of all your skills, but still everyone of us want to joint 700 club.... Hope our dreams will come true... :musband
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2006, 07:19
Mat: I am shocked...ur much much better than your score...give it again...within a months time....U CAN DO IT...AND I DONT SAY THIS LITELY...Let me know if I can help you out in anyway possible...

I used to give pep talks to folks in my group..especially when we were facing grave problems..and somehow my team mates always raised to the occasion...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2006, 10:55
Matt , you had a bad day.Buck up and start afresh.You are definitely meant for a high score.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 02:54
I am so much positevely suprised how people support and encourage each other!!! It is just grate!

I am also very abset of my poor GMAT scores and was close to gove up. But I will fight!!!
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 06:47
You guys are great! I just noticed all your comments to a posting made over half a year ago. :shock: :shock:

Yes, at all costs I will do everything in my power to reach the 640-660 mark this year. With support clubs like this combining the talent of people all around the world I believe that anything is possible.

Never give up, never lose sight of your dreams. Raw determination always prevails in the end.

Bring it on PVue!!
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 06:55
Dilshod wrote:
Hello GMATT73,

I have recently taken my gmat. also scored much lower than expected.
read your experience. it was exactly the same for me, except that you managed to sleep 1 hour, while i didn't sleep at all.
When did you find that you can't think? with me it happend in the begining of the Verbal.

Do you think it happened becasue of the lack of rest? Or may be it is because of some other reason?
Im going to retake it next month, but still not sure what was the reason of that phenomenon.

Yes Dilshod, I collapsed around the first few minutes into the verbal section due to mental exhaustion. For some reason, sleeping the night before the GMAT was very difficult and nerve racking. I have started a new meditation routine to help relax and clear the mind this time around. If all else fails, I might suggest a late afternoon or evening test time.

Good luck buddy. See you in the forum. Matt
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2006, 15:52
Write 590 on a big paper, then cuss at it for a few minutes bloody ~!@$$@#! gmat I'm gonna get ya you !@#$$!#!# just wait darned @#$%!#!!!! oh yeah?! here! !$$#$!#!#

then walk around with a grin on your face, take a couple of days off, and hit the books again! What I'm saying is..don't let this hit your confidence so soon, perhaps you'll join the ranks of 590 to 700 club! why not?

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

[#permalink] 14 Jul 2006, 15:52