Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 229 [81]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30781 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 229 [1]
Send PM
Re: Never say Never - GMAT 4th attempt - 730(Q50,V38) [#permalink]
Kudos
egmat wrote:
Really great tips - I am sure that the community will benefit from these. As long you have your CR (read strengtheners, weakeners etc) hat on, you should be able to craft a well written analysis, especially with the tools provided above. Remember, having a template allows you to focus the time in exam on creating high quality content.

Good luck with the application process. Which schools are you applying to?

-Rajat

Hi Rajat,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been travelling for work so didn't get time over the last month.

I have already applied to INSEAD for R2 - Jan 15 intake. Based on the outcome for this school, i will apply accordingly for other schools. However, at this stage, I am aiming for top 5 US schools.

cheers
Prashant
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
iWant700plusGMAT wrote:
Great post!! Very encouraging and motivating!!

Did you find the Magoosh Verbal to be just as helpful as E-Gmat's?

Thanks! I found E-GMAT's course more helpful. I would recommend that over Magoosh. However Magoosh's question bank is very good for both verbal and math. So I used Magoosh mostly for its question bank.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Business Development (Insurance)
Send PM
Really a very great and motivational debrief...Esp i m greatly convinced with your General tips & advices..Congratulations on such a great score. !! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
pkum036 wrote:
mhngo wrote:
I've been lacked of discipline to study so far :( It's difficult to stay 2-3 hours a day to study because I'm already exhausted from my full time job. Every weekday I'm like open the books then sleep on it, weekends are full of nonsense work pop out of nowhere. 2 weeks until my exam and I'm not feeling any better after studying for more than 2 months. I was panicked, but after reading your debrief, I'm feeling much better. I still have time, 2 weeks or even 2 months, 'd better try harder!

dont give up mate. Just keep at it. But you have to learn how to manage work and GMAT. I worked really hard during the day but when it was time to study, I put everything away. I recommend you do the same. Soon this will become a habit. I used to break down my study - Come home around 6:30pm and either exercise or freshen up. then sit for 1 or 1.5 hours to study (mostly focused on verbal). Dinner for an hour. Then back to study for 1-1.5 hours (focus on math as i was much more tired so math was easier and refreshing). Sometimes, if i felt tired and my Tinnitus was loud, I stopped, relaxed for a longer duration and then came back to study. I normally slept around midnight every night....hope this helps

Congrats pkum036 :) Great advice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 989 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Congratulations Pkum. 730 is a great score. how are your applications to Bschools coming along. Which course would you recommend for help on GMAT verbal and GMAT Quant.. Would you recommend egmat for someone who is scoring in V20-v25
Current Student
Send PM
Bookmarks
surenagastya wrote:
Congratulations Pkum. 730 is a great score. how are your applications to Bschools coming along. Which course would you recommend for help on GMAT verbal and GMAT Quant.. Would you recommend egmat for someone who is scoring in V20-v25

Hi, I only applied to INSEAD and got in.

E-GMAT is good for Verbal. It doesnt matter what level you start, you will improve if you commit to it and go through the whole course. Math is practice and timing. IF you understand the concepts, then it comes down applying them to questions and timing yourself. I liked the magoosh's question bank. Frankly you can use any source for math concepts, you cant go wrong.

hope this helps.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30781 [2]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Dear Praveen,

Thanks for chiming in. It means a lot that you took the time out. How is the application process coming along.

We want to thank the community for loving our Verbal courses. In addition, we have made some significant changes since you graduated from the GMAT. We now offer a super comprehensive Quant course. Our Quant course is the only course in the world that guarantees a score up to Q50.

We have also added a fantastic Quiz engine (called eScholar) which has 600+ new full length questions + comprehensive solutions on GMAT Verbal. So whether you need to learn concepts, practice mocks, or estimate your ability you can always just log in to your e-GMAT course and go from there.

Quant Course: Click here to know more.
eScholar Platform: Take the free trialto know more.

The Quant course also comes with a fantastic free trial.

-Rajat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 989 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Thanks guys. I just scored 740. eGMAT thanks for all your help. PKUM thanks for recommending egmat to me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Wow....what an inspiring debrief...One of the bests I have read so far....You truly deserved this score. and congratulations on your admit to INSEAD...your hardwork and discipline has paid off!!! Well deserved :)

pkum036 wrote:
surenagastya wrote:

Hi, I only applied to INSEAD and got in.

E-GMAT is good for Verbal. It doesnt matter what level you start, you will improve if you commit to it and go through the whole course. Math is practice and timing. IF you understand the concepts, then it comes down applying them to questions and timing yourself. I liked the magoosh's question bank. Frankly you can use any source for math concepts, you cant go wrong.

hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Thanks for the amazing debrief.

I gave my first GMAT exam less than 24 hours ago and scored a mere 640(Q 47, V 31). Choked big time during Verbal. Right now I'm just sitting at work thinking where to go from here. Posts like yours help me keep myself motivated.

Definitely trying out eGMAT.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 475 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT Date: 04-30-2015
Send PM
Kudos
All that comes to my mind after reading this post is:
" It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take in and keep moving forward/persevere and One day.............this one day, the Universe will give up and hand you what you deserve"

Keep up the good work :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
usmabama wrote:
Great quote at the end...I just recently scored a 700 (49Q 36V) and I've been debating a retake. I spent about 3 months of diligent studying (2hrs a night and 4-6 hrs on Saturday and Sunday) and its something I don't want to do again, but I feel as though I can score higher. I ran out of time on the Verbal section, something I hadn't done during any of my practice test. I wasn't decisive on a couple questions and it cost me. This post motivates me to start the journey again.

I was in a similar boat - 690 first attempt, so in the median 80% for top schools, but I really wanted to be above the median. I don't regret retaking; I probably wouldn't have landed an M7 school with that score and my work experience (but who knows). Just make sure you're going to put the time in to improve your score; maybe do some prep tests before booking to feel confident. You don't want to show a drop.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Great inspirational story! You are really good at Quant. Did you find the Quant questions were similar to what you had practiced? Any tips on how to score well on the Quant section? I practice a lot from Manhattan GMAT guides but I'm just not doing well on it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
What mock tests did you use? Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Could you please shed some light on, how did you analyse your mocks and accordingly changed your strategy in the subsequent mocks?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
I am glad I came across your post. It is truly motivating.
After a while you start doubting if you can really make it there but your spirit rekindled mine further.
Thank you for sharing your story :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi ,

Very inspiring and good debrief. Can you tell which Verbal tests are the best predictor of your scores? I gave Manhattan last time and scored 29 V on the real test . I am giving Kaplan this time . My scores fluctuate between 670 - 710 . How good predictor is Kaplan? Any other reliable question bank?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts