Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Followers: 311

Kudos [?]: 2614 [0], given: 696

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 02:54
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 04:29
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] Post 26 Mar 2013, 12:12
I just donwloaded the latest GMAT Prep update. Can someone please confirm that when you close the screen after taking the GMAT Prep CAT, whether you can go back to review all of the questions. Thank you.
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 06:57
Expert's post
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Last week, I upgraded my Gmat prep software.
Now, I am not able to access it. It is giving following error:

errorID=3012]
Error #3012: Cannot delete file or directory.
stacktrace: Error: Error #3012: Cannot delete file or directory.

Please help.

Sorry to hear you are having these errors. Something may have happened in the re-install process. Please try un-installing the software and then re-installing. If your problem still persists, please contact gmatprep@mba.com and someone will help you out. Thanks!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 07:05
Expert's post
furqan123 wrote:
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] Post 26 Mar 2013, 12:12
I just donwloaded the latest GMAT Prep update. Can someone please confirm that when you close the screen after taking the GMAT Prep CAT, whether you can go back to review all of the questions. Thank you.

Great question. Yes - in the new version you can review the questions once you exit out of the exam.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 07:06
Expert's post
We put together a blog post with tips on getting the most out of the new GMATPrep software. Take a look! http://officialgmat.mba.com/2013/03/26/ ... fectively/.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 06:29
Expert's post
Included in the 90 free practice questions are 15 Reading Comprehension ones. In this 15, 2 are easy, 7 are medium, and 6 are hard. When you select a set of questions to answer that include Reading Comprehension the software will group them by reading passage where possible.

Thanks for your question!

rajathpanta wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Sefunmi wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

I already have the old version of the GMAT prep with the 404 question pack. My question is this, after downloading the new version will the 404 questions be updated automatically? Or how does it work?

Seunfunmi

Good question. When you upgrade to the latest version of GMATPrep®, your question pack, answer history, practice exam scores etc persist ie you’ll be able to access them all.
The only time this doesn’t apply is if you have decided to uninstall GMATPrep® and opt to delete your history data (a prompt during the uninstall process). Let me know if that makes sense.

Hi Rebeca,

I just have a question. With the new update is it possible to segregate the RC questions?I know that the RC questions are pooled. I would like to know how many questions are there per RC like we see in the OG

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 14:47
Dear All,

I installed and re-installed GMATPrep software (v 2.2.306) many different times. I am a registered user of GMAC site and will be sitting for GMAT very soon. But when I try to open the software it asks me for my GMAC email address and password. I supply this information but the LOGIN button do not activate and completely greyed out.

I tried to re-download multiple times and failed to get it to work.

Any help to this regard will be immensely appreciated.
Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 08:37
Expert's post
shuvo0 wrote:
Dear All,

I installed and re-installed GMATPrep software (v 2.2.306) many different times. I am a registered user of GMAC site and will be sitting for GMAT very soon. But when I try to open the software it asks me for my GMAC email address and password. I supply this information but the LOGIN button do not activate and completely greyed out.

I tried to re-download multiple times and failed to get it to work.

Any help to this regard will be immensely appreciated.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. First, make sure your login details are correct by logging into your mymba.com account. If your details are correct and you are still having issues, please send an email to gmatprep@gmac.com and someone will work with you to make sure you are able to access GMATPrep. Thanks!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 11:01
Dear Rebecca,

I mailed my issue to the email address you provided on 04/05 and have not heard back yet. I have also been corresponding with mba customercare. But I am not being able to get any resolution. I am supplying the same username/password I use to log into my mba account. In the interim, my official test is in 10 days. I would really like to go through the questions on Gmatprep prior to my actual test.

What next step can I take at this point? Thanks so much for all your help.
Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 11:47
Expert's post
shuvo0 wrote:
Dear Rebecca,

I mailed my issue to the email address you provided on 04/05 and have not heard back yet. I have also been corresponding with mba customercare. But I am not being able to get any resolution. I am supplying the same username/password I use to log into my mba account. In the interim, my official test is in 10 days. I would really like to go through the questions on Gmatprep prior to my actual test.

What next step can I take at this point? Thanks so much for all your help.

Hi Shuvo0,

Please contact socialmedia@mba.com for assistance on this issue.

Thanks,

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 14:56
Hi Rebecca,

Called & got help from GMAC. It was a weird password issue. Guys at GMAC were fantastic! Thanks a bunch...............
Intern
Intern

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 05:52
Hi all,

I am currently trying to install the new version of GMAT prep onto my computer but it is taking a VERY long time, stalling around the 90% mark during the "first time initialization" process. It has spent hours at this point, with no visible progress. Is this normal? Or am I missing a step that I need to do before I install this new version?

Thanks for any help.
Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 12:16
Expert's post
CRWeber wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently trying to install the new version of GMAT prep onto my computer but it is taking a VERY long time, stalling around the 90% mark during the "first time initialization" process. It has spent hours at this point, with no visible progress. Is this normal? Or am I missing a step that I need to do before I install this new version?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this! Were you able to download the software?

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 13:27
CRWeber wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I'm on a Windows 8 PC, could that be the problem?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 04:57
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

errorID=3012]

Please help.

Hi greatps24,

Were you able to resolve the above issue? I am getting the same error.

Hi Rebecca,

I gave the Practice test 1 and clicked the report scores button, after which the software got stuck. Now every time I try and open the software, I get the error 3012 that's shown above.

Could you please advise? I don't want to lose all my information :(
Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 10:22
Expert's post
deliverance wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

errorID=3012]

Please help.

Hi greatps24,

Were you able to resolve the above issue? I am getting the same error.

Hi Rebecca,

I gave the Practice test 1 and clicked the report scores button, after which the software got stuck. Now every time I try and open the software, I get the error 3012 that's shown above.

Could you please advise? I don't want to lose all my information :(

Please send a screenshot and your contact information to gmatprep@gmac.com and someone will work with you to resolve this. Thank you!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 04:50
Expert's post
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

errorID=3012]

Please help.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. We recommend that you do a clean install ie remove the current version and start again.

1. Uninstall the software and, if you don't want to lose your history (practice exams, practice question sessions etc), make sure you indicate that during the uninstall process

2. Reinstall the software (ideally download the software again just in case anything happened to your earlier version)

If, after doing this, you are still getting errors, contact GMATPrep@GMAC.com and make sure you tell us what OS you are using.

Thanks and let me know if that works!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 04:06
OfficialGMAT wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

errorID=3012]

Please help.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. We recommend that you do a clean install ie remove the current version and start again.

1. Uninstall the software and, if you don't want to lose your history (practice exams, practice question sessions etc), make sure you indicate that during the uninstall process

2. Reinstall the software (ideally download the software again just in case anything happened to your earlier version)

If, after doing this, you are still getting errors, contact GMATPrep@GMAC.com and make sure you tell us what OS you are using.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I have emailed gmatprep@gmac.com on April 23rd with snapshots and details, but haven't received a response yet :(.

I have also tried uninstalling the software and re-installing it -- but it's still throwing the same error.

Is there another way to contact the Tech help?

Thanks!
Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 09:48
Expert's post
deliverance wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

errorID=3012]

Please help.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I have emailed gmatprep@gmac.com on April 23rd with snapshots and details, but haven't received a response yet :(.

I have also tried uninstalling the software and re-installing it -- but it's still throwing the same error.

Is there another way to contact the Tech help?

Thanks!

Hello,

Please email gmatprep@mba.com to receive assistance on this issue.

Thanks,

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2013, 09:44
Hi,

I just finished my GMATprep2 exam and it went to screen of calculating scores and it stayed there for 45 minutes. So I closed the software and tired opening it hoping that it would have my score but it never opened - it gives me the Error#3012. I googled and see that you had the same issue. Hoping that you got a solution and could help me.

Regards,

Naren
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2013, 09:44