Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 06:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
4 KUDOS received
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 55 [4] , given: 7

New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:10
This post received
KUDOS
We at Manhattan GMAT are super psyched to let you all know that today, April 24th, our new 5th Edition GMAT Strategy Guides are available to purchase.

Our 5th Edition has been completely updated to prepare you for the newest version of the GMAT and features a brand new Integrated Reasoning book, a rewritten Critical Reasoning book, and a complete overhaul of our books to make them easier to use and understand. You can read about the release here: http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... e-arrived/

We're big fans of the GMAT Club community so we want to extend a special offer to you all. We'll give away a complete set of our 10 5th Edition books (a $192 value) to one lucky person who responds to this thread IF this thread receives at least 100 replies by noon EST this Friday! So reply now for a chance to win this latest edition of the best GMAT prep books available!

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 55 [1] , given: 7

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 08:19
This post received
KUDOS
udvranto wrote:
How different are the books than the 4th edition?

The 5th edition books are much more streamlined, content-wise. We've included a couple brand new books, the GMAT Roadmap and the Integrated Reasoning & Essay book(to address the upcoming Next Generation GMAT).

The Critical Reasoning book changed a great deal. We developed a new overall process, we grouped the questions into three major families based on certain characteristics, and we developed some new question categories and dropped others. We’re really excited about our new Critical Reasoning strategies.

We made three major changes to our quant books. We focus less on the number of practice problems in the guide and focus more on the quality of those problems, we simplify the discussion of each topic, and we separate the discussion of content from discussion of specific strategies.

We'll have a blog post up in the next day or two that goes over all the changes so stay tuned!

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2170

Kudos [?]: 7690 [1] , given: 3628

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 11:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I have gone through all of the Quant and so far 5th edition is very heavily overlapping with 4th (95%). Verbal seems to have been revised significantly more but no clear number yet.

Edit: i have to add the CR book (book #6 seems to have been substantially revised, updated and rewritten and now contains a chapter on bold face CR questions.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 06:31
This post received
KUDOS
charlemagne wrote:
Hey am in too...

Question though....are these soft copies or hard copies you talkin about?

And if latter, will they be shipped outside the US?

We're talking hard copies. And yes, we'll most definitely ship to you if you win and you live outside the US!

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

1 KUDOS received

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 08:14
This post received
KUDOS
chandroth129 wrote:
It would be great to get a copy of the 5th Ed!
Currently I own the complete set of strategy guides of 4th ed and would like to know the overlap of 5th ed with 4th ed so that I could decide if I need to purchase again the complete set of 5th ed.

There's definitely overlap--I don't think you need to rush out and replace all your 4th edition books. That said, there's definitely some must-have stuff like the Critical Reasoning book and the IR & Essay book. More info on this coming soon in the form of a blog post. I'll keep you all updated.

chandroth129 wrote:
Is the practice problems in 5th ed totally new or are there much overlap in the practice problems in the 5 the ed with 4th ed.

We've included some new practice problems and we've removed some, too. Instead of adding in a ton of new practice problems we actually focused more on simplifying, rewriting and reorganizing sections so that the content builds better and our students have an easier time with the material.

chandroth129 wrote:
Also is the question banks that could be accessed with the guides totally new for the 5th ed.

The question banks will be exactly the same.

chandroth129 wrote:
Finally,does MGMAT provides any discount for those who currently own the complete set of 4th ed or some sort of an upgrade?

We don't provide a discount or upgrade offer.

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 9

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 10:57
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
how can i win a free set?? not fair..:(

haha. I knew someone would say that. I did not win the lottery last month and that's exactly what I thought - not fair. :P
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:12
+1 for a free set of guides!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:18
Very exciting. I am game for it. :-)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 36

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:32
Nice! Add me to the list :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:37
Good news.. Waiting to review it.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:44
Thanks MGMAT! Please add me to the list.:P
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:48
Got mine (most anyway) for my new online class ... but willing to win an extra set, if possible. :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 09:58
I'm in :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 10:08
+1 In! Unlikely to win but will be buying the set in May regardless but a gift is always good :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q43 V30
GPA: 2.4
WE: Business Development (Other)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 11:19
I am willing to try, let's get this to a 100

"Popular opinion is the greatest lie in the world"-Thomas Carlyle

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 119

Kudos [?]: 562 [0], given: 114

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 12:31
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 269 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 21:30
Count me in, I too need to update my knowledge with the help of ur updated books. ;)

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 22:00
I am new to gmatclub. Please count me in. + 1 kudos for the wonderful initiative.

Thanks,

Suganth
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 01:36
I am in for the game.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 02:45
I am in! Thanks for the offer
Re: New MGMAT 5th Edition Strategy Guides - Win a Free Set!   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2012, 02:45