Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New MGMAT books ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Followers: 268

Kudos [?]: 2305 [0], given: 692

New MGMAT books ?? [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 08:34
Expert's post
Today touring through Amazon I found these two new books which release on May 31

Foundations of GMAT Verbal and Advanced GMAT Quant

anyone has news?

Quote " It contains over 200 new problems, all based on difficult 700+ level quant questions, and delves into a lot of strategy for tackling these tough quant questions. It assumes that you're already scoring in the 70th percentile on the quant portion of the test, and that you are already comfortable with the material covered in our five quant guides. It works through topical nuances or obscure principles, and helps you to to break down problems with complex structures. "

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: New MGMAT books ?? [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 09:36
Interesting.

I'm just beginning my GMAT prep now, but I'll probably at leat pickup the advanced quant book. It mentions acceses to six free tests, but I'm guessing it's the same six tests that are already available if you have other MGMAT books.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2233

Kudos [?]: 8380 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: New MGMAT books ?? [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 09:47
Expert's post
I have pre-ordered them a few months ago - don't know a whole lot else but we can definitely get the scoop from MGMAT.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 7

Re: New MGMAT books ?? [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 13:25
Thanks for the question! These new books, which you discovered on amazon, will be for sale starting May 31 (though you can pre-order on amazon).

The Advanced GMAT Quant book contains over 200 new problems, all based on difficult 700+ level quant questions, and delves into a lot of strategy for tackling these tough quant questions. It assumes that you're already scoring in the 70th percentile on the quant portion of the test, and that you are already comfortable with the material covered in our five quant guides. It works through topical nuances or obscure principles, and helps you to to break down problems with complex structures. All the questions are new for this book, and the material goes above and beyond what is covered in our Advanced Quant Workshop.

The Foundations of GMAT Verbal book is designed to provide you with the nuts and bolts, the foundational knowledge and skills you'll want to master before tackling tougher verbal concepts. If you've been studying for the GMAT and struggling, or if you haven't really begun yet because you know you'll need extra help on verbal, then this book is for you.

Stay tuned for more information!

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Last edited by mmapplebeck on 17 May 2011, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: New MGMAT books ?? [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 16:55
Hi Matt from MGMAT, I want to repeat the question by squal here, are these the same 6 CATS you get access to if you buy any of the 8 strategy guides or this new quant book, I prefer buying this new book since I need this access, rather than buying the SC guide for which I already have an older (3rd edition) version.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 7

Re: New MGMAT books ?? [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 07:43
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Hi Matt from MGMAT, I want to repeat the question by squal here, are these the same 6 CATS you get access to if you buy any of the 8 strategy guides or this new quant book, I prefer buying this new book since I need this access, rather than buying the SC guide for which I already have an older (3rd edition) version.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Hey,

Thanks for the question. Purchases of either the Advanced GMAT Quant or Foundations of GMAT Verbal books do not include access to the 6 Computer Adaptive Tests. Each book does, however, come with access to their respective online question banks. The online questions banks are bonus online drill sets that consist of extra practice questions (with detailed explanations) that test the variety of concepts and skills covered in each book and provide you with extra practice beyond the problem sets contained in the books. You can also use our online timer to practice your pacing by setting time limits for each question in the banks.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User