Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 09:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New MS Accounting Programs in California

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 09:47
shradhapushyak wrote:
@Failbears & @assassin661.. Would you please post your GMAT scores and GPA? I'm trying to get into the UC Davis program. I know it's last minute.

GPA: 3.15
GMAT: 680
Work experience: 1 year as an entry-level accountant, 2 by the time I leave for school
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 13:44
failbears wrote:
shradhapushyak wrote:
@Failbears & @assassin661.. Would you please post your GMAT scores and GPA? I'm trying to get into the UC Davis program. I know it's last minute.

Work experience: 1 year as an entry-level accountant, 2 by the time I leave for school

GPA: 3.6
GMAT: 560
Work experience: 3 years as auditor at a Big-4 and 3 years as controller at a German Chemical company.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 19:28
UC Irvine >>> UC Davis

Once I was admitted to UC Irvine, I also didn't bother to apply to UC Davis. Cows? Rural small town? Agriculture? Pepper spray incident? No thanks.

@ assasin661: Yeah, I'm going to be at the UCI summer program. U?

Last edited by lkjhgf on 05 Jun 2013, 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 12:20
lkjhgf wrote:
UC Irvine >>> UC Davis

Once I was admitted to UC Irvine, I also didn't bother to apply to UC Davis. Cows? Rural small town? Agriculture? Pepper spray incident? No thanks.

@ assasin661: Yeah, I'm going to be at the UCI summer program. U?

Yep. same here.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 15:11
this is exciting, i actually sent in my app on the deadline and i am waiting for the response. hope to join you guys!!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 15:12
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:
shradhapushyak wrote:

GPA: 3.6
GMAT: 560
Work experience: 3 years as auditor at a Big-4 and 3 years as controller at a German Chemical company.

im a bit curious, if you have big4 experience why are you going back for the MPAC? genuinely curious
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 15:18
travelerbk wrote:
this is exciting, i actually sent in my app on the deadline and i am waiting for the response. hope to join you guys!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Goodness, I feel like we started our own Irvine club over here
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 15:22
failbears wrote:
travelerbk wrote:

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Goodness, I feel like we started our own Irvine club over here

Yep, i should be hearing back before next week. I was kind of bummed because i couldnt find any threads or forums that discussed the new programs in cali. i could only find threads discussing out of state programs like wake forest, UT, UNC etc.

btw did you apply to USC? im guessing davis irvine and usc will have a lot of cross applicants
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 15:27
travelerbk wrote:
failbears wrote:
travelerbk wrote:

Yep, i should be hearing back before next week. I was kind of bummed because i couldnt find any threads or forums that discussed the new programs in cali. i could only find threads discussing out of state programs like wake forest, UT, UNC etc.

btw did you apply to USC? im guessing davis irvine and usc will have a lot of cross applicants

Yes I interviewed but that is a slightly bizarre story. In any case, I did not get in after that interview!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 16:01
travelerbk wrote:
im a bit curious, if you have big4 experience why are you going back for the MPAC? genuinely curious

It was outside the US at my home country. I've just moved to the US and plan to get CPA here.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 18:59
anyone living on campus?
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 08:05
lkjhgf wrote:
anyone living on campus?

Me, although I haven't heard anything from them...
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 10:13
I know its last second but im just curious. For those of you who interviewed with UC Irvine, what kind of questions did they ask you? What was the process like? Anything will help, thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 11:49
Anyone applied to the MPAc program at UCR?

Last edited by ckwok22 on 17 Jun 2013, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 12:25
p00p00 wrote:
I know its last second but im just curious. For those of you who interviewed with UC Irvine, what kind of questions did they ask you? What was the process like? Anything will help, thanks in advance!

Well, no technical questions. Just be yourself and be able to talk about your experience and why MPAc program.
Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 12:28
ckwok22 wrote:
Pls help: Anyone applied to the MPAc program at UCR? More specifically, I applied and received an email from them saying that I am more suitable for their flex MBA program...what does it mean? Thanks!

Umm. I didn't get any response like that. You might have to ask them.
I guess you probably don't have enough accounting background? I might be wrong.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 09:55
p00p00 wrote:

No tough questions, be yourself. You can ask questions about the program too.

Here's what I found: UC Irvine already has an undergrad accounting program, so I'm confident it's a good program. Since my background is in liberal arts without any public accounting experience and that all of the Big 4 recruit in early Fall, I really like the summer intensive program and winter internship (I was told it's a unique aspect of the UC Irvine MS accounting program).

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 29 May 2013, 20:56
Did any of you think of taking the GRE instead of the GMAT for any of the 3 UC's? I'm contemplating which exam to take for the accounting programs. Seems like they really aren't focused on the GMAT alone anymore. Thoughts on preference of which exam to take?
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 08:29
Gonzalez4 wrote:
Did any of you think of taking the GRE instead of the GMAT for any of the 3 UC's? I'm contemplating which exam to take for the accounting programs. Seems like they really aren't focused on the GMAT alone anymore. Thoughts on preference of which exam to take?

Of the schools I looked at, I immediately eliminated those that required the GRE and not the GMAT. The only program I actually wanted to apply to but couldn't was UCSB's Economics program, since their undergrads enjoy great placement.

Most business programs will take both or only the GMAT, so for the most part you should take the GMAT. You'll want to make your final decision based on the specific schools you want to go to though.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 08:57
I'm considering only applying to the MPAC programs for either UCI, UCD, or UCR, which all accept the GRE or GMAT. Not sure if it really matters on which exam to take. If you got into UCI, you didn't eliminate schools that accepted the GRE, right? Curious, why did you eliminate schools that accepted the GRE??
Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California   [#permalink] 30 May 2013, 08:57