Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 17:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New MS Accounting Programs in California

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 12:18
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey gmatclub. I was wondering what you guys know (do the Big 4 recruit from these campuses?) of newly established MS accounting programs in California such as:

-UC Davis Master of Professional Accountancy
-UC Riverside Master of Professional Accountancy

Thanks. Any information will be appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 20:13
I don't know about Riverside, but Davis is a great school.

I once had questions about the program at Davis and below is the response I got from their admission person.

"The average GMAT of this class is 640; average GPA is 3.4. The Graduate School of Management already has established relationships with recruiters from all Big 4 firms. Our career development team is top-notch, and we expect that all of our students will have offers by the new year."
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 15:57
I know I'm late but I have a little to share. I applied to Davis, Irvine, and Riverside for their MPAc programs. Based on what I know about recruitment rates from their undergraduate programs, I will most likely be attending Irvine. I have friends in the Big 4 who said they've seen plenty of kids recruited from Irvine, not as many from Davis and Riverside.

Also, as far as I know, Irvine has a more pronounced accounting program compared to the other two. I had pointed out to my friend at PwC that it seems Davis' MBA rankings are roughly equal to Irvine, but he remarked that while they have a strong business school, they do not seem to have a strong emphasis on accounting.

Feel free to share if any of this is inaccurate, as some if it is a little speculative.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 23:02
failbears wrote:
I know I'm late but I have a little to share. I applied to Davis, Irvine, and Riverside for their MPAc programs. Based on what I know about recruitment rates from their undergraduate programs, I will most likely be attending Irvine. I have friends in the Big 4 who said they've seen plenty of kids recruited from Irvine, not as many from Davis and Riverside.

Also, as far as I know, Irvine has a more pronounced accounting program compared to the other two. I had pointed out to my friend at PwC that it seems Davis' MBA rankings are roughly equal to Irvine, but he remarked that while they have a strong business school, they do not seem to have a strong emphasis on accounting.

Feel free to share if any of this is inaccurate, as some if it is a little speculative.

Hey! Did you get admitted to UCI?
Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 23:16
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:

Thanks.

Yes I got admitted to UCR and UCI, and I did not bother finishing the interview for UCD when I encountered technical difficulties with their online interview twice.

EDIT: To elaborate, I stopped trying with UCD when I found out UCI admitted me.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 13:15
failbears wrote:
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:

Thanks.

Yes I got admitted to UCR and UCI, and I did not bother finishing the interview for UCD when I encountered technical difficulties with their online interview twice.

EDIT: To elaborate, I stopped trying with UCD when I found out UCI admitted me.

Nice!
I got admitted to UCR and I just applied to UCI, cuz I didn't see there was this such program at UCI before.
Can I ask how long they'll call for an interview after the application is complete?
And how long will we get the result after the interview?

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 14:38
No problem! I submitted my application on January 10th, was contacted for an interview on January 17th, set up an interview for January 30th, and was admitted February 6th. More specifically, I was told I would get an admission decision in 1-2 weeks as they have weekly meetings, and I got mine in 1 week. Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 17:07
failbears wrote:
No problem! I submitted my application on January 10th, was contacted for an interview on January 17th, set up an interview for January 30th, and was admitted February 6th. More specifically, I was told I would get an admission decision in 1-2 weeks as they have weekly meetings, and I got mine in 1 week. Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!

Thank you very much.
Hope to be your class mate. :D
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 10:46
Hi failbears,
One more question. Do you know if they've given out any scholarship?

Thanks,
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 10:54
assassin661 wrote:
Hi failbears,

Thanks,

No problem. Yes I was offered some fellowship money when they gave me my admission decision
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 12:05
failbears wrote:
assassin661 wrote:
Hi failbears,

Thanks,

No problem. Yes I was offered some fellowship money when they gave me my admission decision

Wow, that's awesome!
Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:28
Got invited to interview. Will do it next week. :D
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 08:46
assassin661 wrote:

Awesome! Good luck, I hope to hear good news from you
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2013, 09:39
failbears wrote:
assassin661 wrote:

Thank you.
Will know the result next week.
Keep fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 10:55
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:
assassin661 wrote:

Thank you.
Keep fingers crossed.

How did things go?
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 14:47
failbears wrote:

Thank you.
Keep fingers crossed.[/quote]

How did things go?[/quote]

Oh yea. Just got the result. Admitted with some fellowship. Hooray!!!
Will accept it. Do you? If so, see you!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 07:50
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:

Thank you.
Keep fingers crossed.

How did things go?[/quote]

Oh yea. Just got the result. Admitted with some fellowship. Hooray!!!
Will accept it. Do you? If so, see you![/quote]

That's great! Yes I accepted a while ago. I believe on-campus housing applications opened up on March 1st and it's supposedly first come first serve, so if you're interested, you should apply ASAP
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 18:13
I also got accepted to my first choice UC Irvine for the MS Accounting Program!! Anyone else excited?!
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 10:08
lkjhgf wrote:
I also got accepted to my first choice UC Irvine for the MS Accounting Program!! Anyone else excited?!

Yeah. Do you need to take the summer program?
Intern
Intern

Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 09:00
@Failbears & @assassin661.. Would you please post your GMAT scores and GPA? I'm trying to get into the UC Davis program. I know it's last minute.
Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California   [#permalink] 10 May 2013, 09:00