Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 349 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 349 [0]
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: New Official Questions MBA.COM [#permalink]
I was on their website and didn't know where to look. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1454 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
This is very interesting...dying to try these out or see how others like them.

Anyone take one of these tests?
Current Student
 Q50  V38
Send PM
I haven't but I am tempted to purchase them tonight and do a test. (I waste so much money on gmat preperation stuff)

But I have done gmatprep tons of times and have seen tons of questions so I will let you know what I think, scoring, and questions.

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
^

I was wondering roughly how much one would spend on GMAT prep material?
I spent a little over $1000 on my LSAT material and was wondering if the GMAT prep was going to cost more or similar?
Current Student
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Ok I did the first test. Questions are new, but a lot of the question structure is similiar to gmatprep questions....so maybe different values for some etc. However it seems to be only quant, and its not a full length test (24 questions). It gives you a confidence interval. So I will score 47-51 with 80% confidence. It also gauges your performance in other ways but I got excellents in all of them so not sure how that will help. So if you are looking for more practice questions by all means get them. The explanations seem good as well. It is after all just a diagnostic though.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Kudos
terp26 guess too late for me..having exam on friday the 4th...well does it include verbal questions?how are they?same like gprep?highlight on that plz....or is it only quants?
Current Student
 Q50  V38
Send PM
it seems to be only quant, even though it is web-based , the layout is like gmatprep as are the question types.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7304 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
Kudos
terp26,

What is the level of difficulty of those Quant questions? Obviously, the OG level is not difficult enough for people who want to score 50+ on Q. While GMATPrep, on the other hand, gives you quite a few hard problems..if you can get to them, that is.

So, for $25 you get 4 sets of 24 questions Quant only?
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
Kudos
The one I have done with a student was adaptive. It had a mixture of questions from the sets and questions I had not seen before. The explanations are in line with what you get from the 11th Edition- no shortcuts! It seems that $70-$75 entitles you to do three diagnostic tests of 24 questions. I hope none of the questions are repeated!

We got all the questions right, some of which were as difficult as you might find in the GMAT if you are on target for 48-51 Q
Current Student
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Ok I finished it.

You get 3 sets of 24 questions for 68 dollars I believe? They are like gmatprep questions and they give long explanations. I saw no repeats during the questions. So that may be helpful. As for a gauge, they give you a range but frankly my ranges were all over the place for the 3 tests. (47-51) (46-50) (39-46) all were 80% confidence intervals. (Then again I did get a 46 on the real test and the last 2 ranges encompass that and the first off by 1) Yea if you are scoring high you will get tough questions just like gmatprep. In hindsight I probably should have taken a test untimed and made sure to get every question right to get more 50 level questions
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7304 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
Thanks Terp and Kevin!

One more question: could you retake those three tests like the GMATPrep and if so did you see many repeats?

Kevin, would you share your GMAT taking history and scores? I'd be very curious.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for all the information

Terp and kevin!

I have two questions:

---could you please also tell us whether sets do contain the verbal sets also?

---could you retake those three tests like the GMATPrep and if so did you see many repeats?

Thanks!

bepositive
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Kudos
All right, I just took the first of the three exams and got 46-50 range. Questions are similar to those on GmatPrep but maybe for a click harder. Definitly take the test timed, otherwise what's the point?
The problem is that I have done GMATprep 20+ times and, although I am constantly getting new questions that are on Q50 level, I am not sure about my actual performance because of the repeated questions that I am already familiar with. So, new software was the only way to somehow gauge my performance.
Is it worth $65? I don't know and I don't care. I already spent couple of hundreds (maybe even 1k) on preparations and I spent $250 on exam, so couple of bucks here and there won't make any difference.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
I took those sets already. It's totally not worth the $65 dollars I paid. I don't really recommend it.
The questions are exactly the same out of gmatprep. Maybe because I have taken the gmatprep numerous times. I didn't see any new question. They only have math and no verbal. The only thing is that they have full explanation vs gmatprep you don't have any explanations. And for those sets you can only take it once. It's not like the gmatprep is a software you download. You can take it numerous times. This one is online. So no repeat takings.

bepositive wrote:
Thanks for all the information

Terp and kevin!

I have two questions:

---could you please also tell us whether sets do contain the verbal sets also?

---could you retake those three tests like the GMATPrep and if so did you see many repeats?

Thanks!

bepositive
Current Student
 Q50  V38
Send PM
I concur with the last posts. I mean if you have extra cash to spend go for it. You won't feel as if you got your moneys worth but you do have an extra set of questions. For the record, they are different questions from gmatprep, similiar, but different.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just took the first diagnostic, and found the questions much more difficult than those I've experienced on GMATPrep. I only correctly answered 13/24 which seems extremely low. I found myself guessing on many of the questions. It said I would likely score between 46-50.

Is this thing adaptive?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Is this only testing the Quantitative abilities and not the Verbal abilities? Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts