Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New Prep Strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
New Prep Strategy [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2006, 07:37
I recently realized that I've been extremely burned out with the GMAT. I plan on taking the rest of March off and then start fresh with my GMAT preparation.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to prepare for the GMAT again. I have already previously taken the test 3 times. These are the materials that I currently have:

OG Guide 10th Ed (How many times should I go over this including the error log)
PR 2005
KP 2005 + CD
All the Manhattan GMAT Guides
1000 SC/CR/RC
20 verbal sets (I forgot what site, but was recommended by our gmatclub members)
Manhattan GMAT online practice tests
GMATPREP and PP practice tests
KP Math Workbook
The Grammar Bible and Strunk and White
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2006, 07:49
Hi Puilunchristin,

What have you found your weaknesses in your studies thus far?

I am no expert, and I haven't even taken the test yet, but I have found recently a number of things that have helped me. And one thing I have definitely realized is that studying for the gmat is a marathon, not a sprint. Well, at least for me, since I am really having to learn concepts and learn how to answer questions quickly. I had a VERY long way to go when i first started studying and I wanted to make sure I didn't burn out. So, I make sure to pace myself and give myself a day off if I'm feeling burnt out or overly tired. Although I try to keep to a good schedule.

I have been focusing mostly on OG, ETS paper tests, answering posts on GMATClub, and the 1000 question banks. My theory is that I want to practice on questions that will be similar to the real thing. Oh, and I ALWAYS time myself when doing practice questions. I review my error log once a week (usually on fridays).

So... I didn't really give you a good answer, but I'm bumping up this post, so that maybe some experienced test takers can provide some good advice. :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2006, 08:00
buckkitty wrote:
Hi Puilunchristin,

What have you found your weaknesses in your studies thus far?

I am no expert, and I haven't even taken the test yet, but I have found recently a number of things that have helped me. And one thing I have definitely realized is that studying for the gmat is a marathon, not a sprint. Well, at least for me, since I am really having to learn concepts and learn how to answer questions quickly. I had a VERY long way to go when i first started studying and I wanted to make sure I didn't burn out. So, I make sure to pace myself and give myself a day off if I'm feeling burnt out or overly tired. Although I try to keep to a good schedule.

I have been focusing mostly on OG, ETS paper tests, answering posts on GMATClub, and the 1000 question banks. My theory is that I want to practice on questions that will be similar to the real thing. Oh, and I ALWAYS time myself when doing practice questions. I review my error log once a week (usually on fridays).

So... I didn't really give you a good answer, but I'm bumping up this post, so that maybe some experienced test takers can provide some good advice. :wink:

Can one possibly go over all the errors on their error log every week if there was a large amount of errors that I had when I did my OG guide?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2006, 08:09
hmmm....that is a good question. But i would say Yes. That is the point of the error log, right? I'm not saying you have to go over it once a week, that is up to you and others on this site may have a different opinion, I’m only suggesting what seems to be helping me. But reviewing the error log occasionally helps you learn from mistakes you are making so that you don't make them again. And the sooner you learn from a mistake the better. Generally, the notes I put in my EL are the concepts I am struggling with, including any relevant practice questions.

The amount of study material that is out there is completely overwhelming. Where do we begin, and the better question is, where do we end? One piece of advice I took from someone on this site was that it’s not the number of questions you do that improves your score, it’s making sure you are understanding the concepts as you plow through practice Q’s, and why you are making errors (timing? A certain concept?) just my 2 cents.
  [#permalink] 14 Mar 2006, 08:09