Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New to GMAT CLUB - handullz is IS ON THE SCENE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

New to GMAT CLUB - handullz is IS ON THE SCENE [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 19:55
hello everyone.

I've been on GMAT club for a couple weeks now, but now I am really starting to get into grind mode for this test.

I've thumbed through the FAQ, so many of my questions have been answered. I just wanted to deliver a brief introduction and let you all know my plans.

I'm 23, graduating with a Marketing Degree in the summer from TX A&M - Kingsville. My GPA is subpar (2.79), but I've always been some what of a hustler when it came to money and a great manager. I played basketball in college and was never really concerned about GPA until it was time for me to look towards the future.

My goal is to attain a MS - Finance degree first. There are some schools in my state (Texas) and city of preference (Dallas) that I've narrowed down that will accept me with my GPA, and I'm actually excited because I will be moving to a new city. I realized that my GPA just was not good enough to get into a top tier school, so I've decided to take a little bit longer of a route by getting the Finance degree first, working, and then trying to make that jump to a top notch MBA program when i'm 26. In this time I will also retake my GMAT.

The finance degree will also come in handy when looking towards future business ventures. I really loved that the classes I took on it and should have picked it for a major. BUUUUUT... It's alright... My plan B is still pretty damn clear cut, and it will be executed. Lol.

Back to the plans. By that time (26), I should have a couple years of work experience, a nice amount of money saved up, and a solid GPA in my MS - FIN program (I know i'll do better here than in undergrad because i literally coasted through college).

I am taking the test in the summer, which gives me a few months of preparation time. I read through a couple pages in the OG 12 book, but haven't really sat down and got busy with it.

I took the Manhattan practice test 20 minutes ago and made a 510. I need a 550 to get into the finance program. On my second go around, I'm going to aim for a 700.

I've been on other forums and everyone has directed me here. They say that you all are very honest, yet encouraging, and know how to get the results. I look forward to being an active member on here with you all.

8-) 8-)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 643 [0], given: 6

Re: New to GMAT CLUB - handullz is IS ON THE SCENE [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 14:09
Expert's post
Sounds like you're planning ahead for your future quite well.

You'll need a solid GMAT score so you can move on and focus on other parts of your application.

OG12 is good - there is a new one OG13 that came out.

The GMAT score lasts for 5 years, so if you're planning to apply 3 years later, it's better to focus on your GMAT now and get a great score. Then you can have it out of the way and focus on school work and/or job experience. Juggling a test during that time is difficult.

Rather than aim for a higher score later on, try to get a higher score now.
The new integrated reasoning section is being added to the exam in June 2012 so pay attention to that.

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... reasoning/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: New to GMAT CLUB - handullz is IS ON THE SCENE   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2012, 14:09