Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 15:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New to this Forum...New to GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

New to this Forum...New to GMAT [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2007, 03:46
Hello!!!
Just started to prepare for GMAT......I am getting about 70% of OG verbal questions correct. Is there any corelation between this and the actual GMAT score ? Or in simple words.....How am I doing? I just wanted to see where I am and how much more I need to improve.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 656 [0], given: 6

Re: New to this Forum...New to GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 07:35
Expert's post
bramasu wrote:
Hello!!!
Just started to prepare for GMAT......I am getting about 70% of OG verbal questions correct. Is there any corelation between this and the actual GMAT score ? Or in simple words.....How am I doing? I just wanted to see where I am and how much more I need to improve.

Best way to assess yourself is to take a practice test through this software: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... reasoning/

You're likely in the low to mid 30s range for Verbal score - around the 70th percentile mark according to this chart here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... ile-score/ - but again, take a diagnostic to be sure.

Feel free to test yourself a bit more with more questions during your study session: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

Try to get yourself above the 80th percentile and you should be good.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 213

Kudos [?]: 319 [0], given: 5

Re: New to this Forum...New to GMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2012, 15:37
Expert's post
As the previous poster mentioned, you really need to take a diagnostic to get a true sense of your scoring potential. You are scoring at 70% on the OG problems, but it really depends on where those problems lie in the OG (the problems become increasingly difficult as you go along as you probably noticed). You also need to remember that the CAT is an adaptive test, so you can't judge your success by the number of problems you get correct but rather on which problems you are getting right.

There are lots of diagnostic tests available (here is the MGMAT exam page http://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat. ... paign=home), but at some point before taking the real test you will need to take a practice GMAT from the GMAC (the makers of the GMAT). You can get access those exams here: http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/download-fr ... tware.aspx.

Best of luck!

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: New to this Forum...New to GMAT [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 23:16
Yes, I read somewhere that the OG questions are spread across the difficulty levels so 70% accuracy maynot actually reflect a lot about your competency
Re: New to this Forum...New to GMAT   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2012, 23:16