Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 12:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New York Test Centers

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 2771
Location: New York City
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
New York Test Centers [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 14:51
Anyone take the GMAT at a center that has LCD rather than CRT monitors? This is a VERY important element to me.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: New York Test Centers [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 21:22
bmwhype2 wrote:
Anyone take the GMAT at a center that has LCD rather than CRT monitors? This is a VERY important element to me.


I went to the downtown center and it has CRT monitors and below-grade kayboards. I had to re-type when I was doing my essays.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 2771
Location: New York City
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: New York Test Centers [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 10:12
gary789 wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:
Anyone take the GMAT at a center that has LCD rather than CRT monitors? This is a VERY important element to me.


I went to the downtown center and it has CRT monitors and below-grade kayboards. I had to re-type when I was doing my essays.


argh. what was the name/address of the center so that i can avoid it.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 2137
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2007, 09:55
I'm going to assume that CRT monitors are everywhere unless they are going through a process of upgrading monitors.

LCD would provide more desk space to lay flat the notepad. I had a tough time holding the notepad and writing on it. The CRT monitor takes up a good 75% of desk space.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 2771
Location: New York City
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2007, 12:53
kidderek wrote:
I'm going to assume that CRT monitors are everywhere unless they are going through a process of upgrading monitors.

LCD would provide more desk space to lay flat the notepad. I had a tough time holding the notepad and writing on it. The CRT monitor takes up a good 75% of desk space.


and i assume the keyboard takes up the other 25%, leaving us with no flat surface to write on?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 399
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2007, 16:24
bmwhype2 wrote:
kidderek wrote:
I'm going to assume that CRT monitors are everywhere unless they are going through a process of upgrading monitors.

LCD would provide more desk space to lay flat the notepad. I had a tough time holding the notepad and writing on it. The CRT monitor takes up a good 75% of desk space.


and i assume the keyboard takes up the other 25%, leaving us with no flat surface to write on?


wow, that sucks. the test center in somerset nj had plenty of writing space; it was like having your own cubicle in a call center or something. i don't remember if the monitor was CRT or flatscreen since I was kind of doped up.

you can always just call them and ask. PVue folks are very helpful.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: New York Test Centers [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2007, 19:50
bmwhype2 wrote:
gary789 wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:
Anyone take the GMAT at a center that has LCD rather than CRT monitors? This is a VERY important element to me.


I went to the downtown center and it has CRT monitors and below-grade kayboards. I had to re-type when I was doing my essays.


argh. what was the name/address of the center so that i can avoid it.


Its "100 Williams St" near WTC. Atleast thats the kind of keyboard I got.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Pencil and Paper [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2007, 08:10
Are there any testing centers that allow you to use a pencil and paper for scratch as opposed to the marker and board? This would be huge? Thanks.

D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Pencil and Paper [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 20:32
I've taken the test at two Pearson centers (the 44th St one & the 5th Ave one). Both used markers and dry erase and both had LCDs (17", I believe).

The 44th street center had kind of a gross keyboard with tons of dirt.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Posts: 61
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 08:45
Did they let you get additional dry-erase boards at the 44th st. center?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 2137
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 09:20
bmwhype2 wrote:
kidderek wrote:
I'm going to assume that CRT monitors are everywhere unless they are going through a process of upgrading monitors.

LCD would provide more desk space to lay flat the notepad. I had a tough time holding the notepad and writing on it. The CRT monitor takes up a good 75% of desk space.


and i assume the keyboard takes up the other 25%, leaving us with no flat surface to write on?


YES and NO.

You can put the keyboard off the to side.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 09:42
Hyperstorm wrote:
Did they let you get additional dry-erase boards at the 44th st. center?


Yeah, you can either do it in between sections or raise your hand mid-section and they'll bring it to you.

Obviously, if you fill up 75% of your board during the quant., I'd get a brand new board during the break. You don't want to burn any time waiting for the admin to bring you in a new board.

The dry erase board is like 5-6 pages, so unless you have big handwriting - 1 board should be enough for the entire test.

One suggestion, make sure the pen works before you walk into the testing room. I got a bum pen and had to raise my hand at the beginning of the AWA portion.
  [#permalink] 18 Oct 2007, 09:42
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
4 EduPro Test Center, Dwarka, New Delhi rahularora1992 13 18 Jun 2014, 03:08
New york MSDHONI 2 11 May 2011, 08:52
New York’s small museums gmataspirant2009 5 16 Aug 2009, 05:48
Source : GMAT Paper test 37 Although dozens of New Yorks amitdgr 6 12 Oct 2008, 06:50
New Gmat rules at the test center goblue 0 03 Aug 2005, 08:40
Display posts from previous: Sort by

New York Test Centers

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.