Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 14:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2284

Kudos [?]: 8890 [0], given: 3670

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 17:29
Expert's post
Welcome! Great to have you on the site!

Posted from my mobile device.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 20:36
Hello My name Bobby Johnson and I am a student at Penn Medical School. Where is everyone from? :lol:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 13:11
Hello All. As with many of you, I have decided to pursue an MBA, most likely if possible in information systems. I think my case my be a bit more unique (and any resources you can share to help me in this process would be great). I have been out of school for 5 years and working primarily in workforce development. My true passion is technology and my role at work has developed, informally, into a technology support role where I help train my colleagues to use new technology and platforms while also maintaing our computer fleet.

I am hoping to get an MBA focusing in technology to help facilitate a career change. As far as my grades, I have a 3.25 for my last 2 years of college, not sure if JC is being counted here. My aspirations are to do well enough on the GMAT to help achieve scholarships, not necessarily go to a top 20 school as I will likely need a part time program since I will likely need to continue working and paying part out of pocket. Looking forward to this journey and everything you all have to share. Thanks for maintaining this awesome site.
Intern
Intern

Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 18:38
Hi everyone
I am just starting to study GMAT , with a specified goal to get into MFA/MBA dual degree NYU, hoping that it would get me to some part of film-making in hollywood
I am 33yrs old , hailing from a small town in southern India
Did bachelors in medicine and worked in poorest villages . Drawn more into humanities and arts , especially Chekhov and Kurusowa inspired me. I knew that if I continued in health sector with my kind of ideals , I would end up like Dr.Binayak Sen and some other doctors who live in remotest areas fighting all life but not getting justice . I was more keen on telling such incidents to world and making people aware . Joined film school, improved my craft in writing by penning down a couple of novels , making short films and now just done with a feature. For 4 years struggling to make the kind of films I want , but lack of proper studio and distribution system here and ruthlessness of existing ones which demand the kind of films I do not want to make , I aimed to get into international film business circuit and then found the above MBA programme I mentioned.
Now..though I had been good at studies , it has been almost 8years since I sat at a place and studied for exams.. now facing serious problems of attention deficit and distraction.
Most distracting thought is : IS MY PROFILE ELIGIBLE to be considered in B schools ? My age , my background etc etc ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2014, 13:48
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for a while but finally decided to join. I went to CMU for undergrad and will be joining CBS this fall.
Intern
Intern

Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 04:58
Hello, I'm Cameron Dallas, 22 years old, from Florida, USA
just joined this forum but before joining I've been reading so many threads of this forum and it was only the thing that's been enough to encourage me to be a part of this useful discussion community. And I'm so thankful of the administrator of this forum who has accepted me as a member of this forum.

Cameron Dallas

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everybody,

I'm Damien, 27, from France, and I just joined this community to know more about the GMAT and MBA. I'm not decided yet on doing an MBA... and that's the first reason why I'm here. I'm weighing my options and I have some trouble to really decide about it..

So my first question will be : where should I take some advice about my profile and to understand if an MBA is the right path for me ? I looked over the forum and I didn't really find a place to ask about it...

Thanks a lot !
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!! [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2014, 12:22
Hello, I am a new in this forum. I am very happy to join this forum. Please welcome me. Thanks
Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!   [#permalink] 07 Sep 2014, 12:22