), ); ?> Nice if evaluate my profile : Ask Accepted.com
Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Nice if evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Nice if evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2006, 02:53
Hi All,
Nice if you give feedback about the schools I should consider for MBA. I want to move towards consultancy.

Experience 7 years.
Last 3 years 5 months in Intel India. Worked in Intel US for 7 months. leading a team of 12 people.
3 years in Tata Consultancy Service India

Qualification: B.Tech Computer Engineering (76.45%), Diploma in Management (63%)

GMAT: 720

Other Activities: Actively monitor the stock markets. Created own portfolio and invest in it. Active swimmer.

What is my chance at Harvard, Wharton, Kellogg, Columbia? What other schools should I consider?

Thanks
Rajesh
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

Re: Nice if evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 14:56
prashantagoswami wrote:
Hi All,
Nice if you give feedback about the schools I should consider for MBA. I want to move towards consultancy.

Experience 7 years.
Last 3 years 5 months in Intel India. Worked in Intel US for 7 months. leading a team of 12 people.
3 years in Tata Consultancy Service India

Qualification: B.Tech Computer Engineering (76.45%), Diploma in Management (63%)

GMAT: 720

Other Activities: Actively monitor the stock markets. Created own portfolio and invest in it. Active swimmer.

What is my chance at Harvard, Wharton, Kellogg, Columbia? What other schools should I consider?

Thanks
Rajesh

Rajesh,

Unless you have some extraordinary material you didn't mention, I think you may be reaching a bit high with Harvard and Columbia, slightly less so for Kellogg and Wharton. Don't get me wrong; you have an excellent profile, I just don't see the *distinctiveness* -- that extra HBS something. So given your goals I would make Kellogg and/or Wharton your longshots (because they have high placements in consulting) and consider some of the following schools: MIT, Tuck, Michigan, Darden, and Fuqua.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern

Thanks a lot for your comments some of other activities are [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2006, 01:44
Hi,
First thanks a lot for your comments. I did not mention my extracurricular as such.

I work for a charity a organization called Mukta Foundation. I teach Maths to deprived kids there. I collect donation from my office colleagues and try to help this childrens.

In my engineering college days i took the initiative for the formation a technology club with primary focus on embedded technologies. The knowledge gained there helped to get my present job at Intel.

In my younger days i was long distance marathon runner. I won bronze medal in inter school tournament. Now i am an active swimmer. Other then this I play Cricket. Actively participate on annual sports arranged by Intel.

I have been consistently rated above average by my manager since last 4 years in annual appraisal here in Intel. I suggested a new idea in my field of work and now the company is in the process of filing a patent for it in US patent office.

I am active am follower of capital markets I have lot of interest in economics and political science. Since this does not form part of my work I consider this more of an hobby or self interest. I read magazines and economic times newspaper to understand this topics.

I guess I am not very good at describing myself. Above is some background of the activities I do or did. I profile details are there in my previous mail. It will be nice if you evaluate my chances at the

Harvard, INSEAD, Wharton, MIT, Darden, Duke, Michigan, Georgetown.

Thanks
SVP
SVP

Re: Thanks a lot for your comments some of other activities [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2006, 16:13
prashantagoswami wrote:
Hi,
First thanks a lot for your comments. I did not mention my extracurricular as such.

I work for a charity a organization called Mukta Foundation. I teach Maths to deprived kids there. I collect donation from my office colleagues and try to help this childrens.

In my engineering college days i took the initiative for the formation a technology club with primary focus on embedded technologies. The knowledge gained there helped to get my present job at Intel.

In my younger days i was long distance marathon runner. I won bronze medal in inter school tournament. Now i am an active swimmer. Other then this I play Cricket. Actively participate on annual sports arranged by Intel.

I have been consistently rated above average by my manager since last 4 years in annual appraisal here in Intel. I suggested a new idea in my field of work and now the company is in the process of filing a patent for it in US patent office.

I am active am follower of capital markets I have lot of interest in economics and political science. Since this does not form part of my work I consider this more of an hobby or self interest. I read magazines and economic times newspaper to understand this topics.

I guess I am not very good at describing myself. Above is some background of the activities I do or did. I profile details are there in my previous mail. It will be nice if you evaluate my chances at the

Harvard, INSEAD, Wharton, MIT, Darden, Duke, Michigan, Georgetown.

Thanks

Rajesh,

The additional info you provided shows that you are, as I mentioned, a strong candidate, but it did not convince me that you are a sufficiently "unusual" candidate to make me optimistic about your chances at HBS, Wharton, or Insead. By all means apply to Wharton and/or Insead as longshots and prove me wrong. Your chances at MIT look decent to me--not in the bag, but competitive. I rate your chances at Darden, Duke, Michigan, and Georgetown as good.

Good luck to you,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2006, 01:17
Hi,
Nice if you refer some schools in europe which are good in consultancy other than LBS or INSEAD. How will you rate HEC paris, RSM and SDA
Bocconi, Cranfield.
What are my chances in this schools? Which one is best for consultancy?

Thanks
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2006, 14:49
prashantagoswami wrote:
Hi,
Nice if you refer some schools in europe which are good in consultancy other than LBS or INSEAD. How will you rate HEC paris, RSM and SDA
Bocconi, Cranfield.

Thanks

prashantagoswami,

European schools that place large percentages of graduates in consulting include:

IESE: 35%
RSM: 32
SDA Bocconi: 28

Cranfield places 22% in consulting. Compare that with LBS (40%), INSEAD (37%), IMD (21%), and ESADE (20%).

Good luck,

By comparison,

Paul Bodine /

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2006, 23:35
With my profile how will you rate my chances at LBS, RSM and SDA Bocconi?

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2006, 06:44
pbodine wrote:
prashantagoswami wrote:
Hi,
Bocconi, Cranfield.

Thanks

prashantagoswami,

European schools that place large percentages of graduates in consulting include:

IESE: 35%
RSM: 32
SDA Bocconi: 28

Cranfield places 22% in consulting. Compare that with LBS (40%), INSEAD (37%), IMD (21%), and ESADE (20%).

Good luck,

By comparison,

Wanted to add Cambridge - 35% (Consulting as Job Function)
24% (Consulting as Industry Sector)

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008

SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2006, 11:58
prashantagoswami wrote:
With my profile how will you rate my chances at LBS, RSM and SDA Bocconi?

Thanks

I would say your chances at RSM are good to very good, at SDA Bocconi good, and at LBS fair.

Paul Bodine /

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2007, 03:48
Hi Paul,
Considering my profile what are the schools you will advise where i have fair chance of getting scholarship?

Thanks and Regards
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2007, 16:48
prashantagoswami wrote:
Hi Paul,
Considering my profile what are the schools you will advise where i have fair chance of getting scholarship?

Thanks and Regards

Scholarships and financial aid are not my expertise area. Sorry I can't help you more.

Paul Bodine /