I am in a similar situation like you. In my country due to some privacy law, the GMAT is not offered in the last several months. The people from the test center told me they anticipate that the test will be offered again very soon. How soon, nobody can tell.
Most likely I will have to travel to one of the neighbor countries and take the test there. In the worst case, I will have to drive 5 hours. However, I plan on arriving the day before so I do not get tired from getting up really early and driving. So I would advise you to travel to the nearest test center outside of your country and take the test there. It will be more expensive but you will not depend on the availability of the test in your country.
If this option is too expensive in your scenario, then it would probably be better to postpone studying unless you are willing to study throughout the whole time. And that is very hard to do because chances are you will lose motivation since you cannot tell for sure when will the test be available.
p.s. when you register for a test, make sure the name you put in GMAT registration form is the same as your name in the passport.
Set your aims high, carpe diem