Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [2]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q780 V540
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 545 [1]
 Q50  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: no of questions per day [#permalink]
eschn3am wrote:
I will routinely sit down and solve/review 100+ quant questions in a study session after work.

IMO, unless those are the toughest 30 GMAT questions ever created you can probably do more. However, if 30 seems like the right number for you definitely do what you feel works best. Just don't make the mistake of being complacent in your study efforts. After all, a few months of study can greatly affect where you are accepted and indirectly affect the rest of your life. Your score on the real thing should be an accurate reflection of your best efforts. Don't get stuck thinking "what if..." after you're finished.

How long does that take you? I find it is very difficult to find the time to answer that many questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 545 [0]
 Q50  V45
Send PM
I'd say that it takes around 3 hours. It's certainly not a daily thing, but it does happen at least once a week. I'd say I typically get in a good two hours after work each day and much more on the weekends. I want to be so over prepared I'm not even nervous come test day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I try to get about an hour in the morning, and an hour at night. I still find the test to be very difficult.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I'd say if you had planned on doing blocks of 30, you should go ahead and bump it to blocks of 37 questions for quant and 41 questions for verbal. This way you're doing the same amount of problems as test day. This will help you practice your stamina for each section. I think the review of your problems shouldn't take twice as long as doing the problems originally. Even if you are starting at a low level of quant, you're probably going to know at least half the problems with 100 percent certainty. Then, you really only need to spend times on the ones you guessed on or missed for review. I would try to stay under 2 hours of study at a time, but that's just my opinion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth, Stern, Haas
Send PM
eschn3am wrote:
I'd say that it takes around 3 hours. It's certainly not a daily thing, but it does happen at least once a week. I'd say I typically get in a good two hours after work each day and much more on the weekends. I want to be so over prepared I'm not even nervous come test day.

Have you passed GMAT, or you just preparing?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 545 [0]
 Q50  V45
Send PM
preparing at this point. I'm taking it for the first time on February 28th :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
You have to go with what feels good for you you, but I agree tha if you are doing 30 questions per set, you may as well do the 37 and 41. I have a hard time staying attentive and need to find a good place to study.

I'll be taking the test in April. But it will be a 3rd attempt. I have to nail this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q780 V540
Send PM
Thanks to everyone for your opinions..

I think I'll start with 30 questions a day, initially for couple of weeks, will scale to 37-41 Qs to build the stamina.

After a month, its better to solve questions around 80 in a single shot with one break of 5 mins. In this case, I can only do the review on next day as I don’t have time to solve and review all 80 questions on a weekday.

This may seem ridiculous to everybody, but i wanted to share my silly opinions.

But my question is, after the work, we will not have productivity to solve 80 questions in the evening. Do you feel the evening 3 hours (8-11 or 9-12)are productive after the work day? To think about morning, I should do from 5AM to 8AM as I have to go to work by 9 AM. Since, I can not sleep before 11 PM due to room conditions (everybody is awake till 12 night).

I have two options:
1. I generally return to home by 6:30 PM after work. So, 8Pm-11pm study, 11pm-6am sleep, 6am-7am cardio/jag will do. But, 8pm-11pm may not be productive.
2. 7pm-8pm cardio/jag, 10pm-5am sleep, 5am-8am study. This will be productive. But lazy to get up at 5am as I am addicted to sleep at 12 night and get up at 7-8 am morning.

Let me try to accustom to 2nd option. If not, then I'll switch to 1st option. Because of this deviation with routine procedure, I could not start the prep for the last 2 months. See how stupid I am.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
 Q35  V28
Send PM