As a hopeful BSer, it would be great to get your opinion on my profile.
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I have 6 years of work-ex(as of Aug 2013) in business research (IT and HR) and advisory. Joined in the company's India office as an Associate and was later moved to Washington DC, (HQ) to manage the current role.
In my current role (last 2+ years), I am a Product Manager, managing two products and responsible for meeting their annual launch targets, marketing, development and enhancement. My work involves speaking to functional heads of HR in Global 1000 companies across the world and helping them develop and enhance their learning evaluation and metrics strategy. In a matrix management role (not responsible for career development), I manage two people on my team with their day to day task execution and prioritization. Have exceeded launched targets consistently in the two years and also
2) Your GMAT. - Scheduled in two weeks (expected: 690-710)
3) College info:
NIT (National Institute of Technology ) - 7.08 CGPA [~3.5 GPA, i hope ]
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Volunteer Experience (Most recent first):
1. Project Manager leading a cross-functional team of 8 for a 4 month consulting project for Ashoka.org. Project was on implementing a unified global strategy for engaging Ashoka Support Network members.
2. Volunteer Consultant, CompassDC - Washington DC based non-profit organization. Team member on a 9 month long strategic alignment project helping a community service organization in the DC metro area. Created a partner prioritization tool that has been adopted by the non-profit and is also being used by CompassDC for other clients.
3. Volunteer Consultant, Ashoka - Lead the team to advise Ashoka on streamlining their client surveys. Won the Outstanding TEAM award from the company for successful delivery of project and letter of appreciation from Ashoka.
First female in the college history to lead multiple clubs:
a) Founding member and eventually, Chief Editor of college magazine
b) Co-convenor of Autofest (Technology fest for Automobile enthusiast)
b) Treasurer of the flagship college technology festival - managing a budget of Rs.10 lakhs.
Represented district in State-level swimming championship for 3-4 years during school. Also, School head-girl and awarded All-rounder gold medal and shield in school (if it helps).
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA. - None
6) Your target programs. - Dream school - Ross. Other programs - Wharton, Kellogg, Kelley, McCombs and may be Sloan (on the fence for that)
7) When you plan to apply?
R1 (Kellogg, Wharton, Ross), R2 (Kelley, McCombs)
8) Your post-MBA goal. - General Management --> Strategic Planning (interest aligned from my experience in non-profit)
9) Others : I work with surveys and data as a part of my job but on paper my quant skills don't come across very well. My college grade in the Quant courses are on the low end and also not hopeful of a very "high" (think - Q49-51) in GMAT.
Could you let me know if my profile makes up for the lack on numbers? Thanks in advance for your guidance!