Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Non-Matriculation Admission U of Rochester

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Non-Matriculation Admission U of Rochester [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2010, 19:04
Hi Alex,

First, thanks for your input it’s greatly appreciated.

I’m struggling with the GMAT so I am considering applying to the University of Rochester’s part time non-matriculation program, basically I take 4 classes need at least a B in each class and a minimum GPA of 3.2 to waive the GMAT. Then I would apply to the part time matriculation program as any other student.

However my undergrad GPA is 2.5 (I transferred twice so the last 72 credits GPA was a 2.7 (B-), I also worked 25 hrs per week throughout school.)

Alternative Transcript- I took a Macro class last spring at my local community college and received an A-.

Work Experience- 4.5 years in private placement accounting at a very large insurance company.

Undergrad- BS Finance 2005 at a small liberal arts university. (Average school)

Admissions office - I spoke with a rep from the admissions office at Rochester she said her best guess was at least 50-60% of non-matriculation students are accepted into the part time matriculation program.

My question to you is if I do meet the minimum GPA and achieve at least a B in each class as mentioned above how competitive am I and is my GPA going to haunt me during the application process?

I am assuming by the direct quote below from the admissions website that it won’t.

“For those applicants who do not have a strong academic history, taking Simon courses before applying for matriculation may provide an opportunity to demonstrate to the Admissions Committee their commitment to academic excellence in graduate education.”

Thanks,
Brian
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 519 [0], given: 0

Re: Non-Matriculation Admission U of Rochester [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2010, 15:38
I have no idea. Shouldn't you be asking the Rochester adcom directly? I don't know whether your GPA will be a factor in this case with this specific situation.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Non-Matriculation Admission U of Rochester   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2010, 15:38