Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 01:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Non native seeks study plan improvement (Focus on Verbal)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Non native seeks study plan improvement (Focus on Verbal) [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2011, 11:28
Hi people, thanks for gmatclub, you have been an ally when I have needed one.

I am a bit lost and drained at the moment... Below is a little bit to my background.

Today I finished my 3rd Gmat. :shock:
My score was 610 Q42 V32.

Previously I have taken the test 2 times. First I came unprepared and cancelled the score, second shortly after I got 510 Q35, V25. An thought to my self “what a looser”.

For the test today I had studied a lot more, first time I really take the study seriously. I was hoping for a higher score since on the last Manhattan Tests I scored 700 (Q47, V39), and 720 (Q47,V41)

2 days before the test I started taking the GMAT prep tests 660(Q46,V33) and 640(Q46, V32), at this point I started to feel a bit less confident about my ability to reach the 680-720 level. Anyway I was hoping for a “good” day but sadly It didn´t turn out that way.

For my preparation I used the following material.
OG + Verbal and Quant Review books, I went through all PS, DS at least twice
Manhattan set
Critical Reasoning bible
Tests: Manhattan tests, + Gmat Prep Test

Quant: I roughly know about my main weaknesses here, namely Reminder, Sequences, Divisibility, and I need to get quicker on DS. This I hope to fix by tackling the Manhattan number properties book more efficiently and crunch the GMAT club test
In summary I have invested much more time in Quant than verbal, likely because it is just easier to study Quant with no teacher. I hope that with more practice I will be able to score a steady 47-48. Any objections ?

Now Verbal is my problem, I have gone through most of the OG material and Manhattan
For SC. I have been trying to learn the SC rules but the answer explanations I feel, often don´t help sufficiently to structure this like math, “this always goes like this” and etc. (I hope you get what I am trying to say).
For RC I probably should have read more, I read maybe 15-20 passages for the test
For CR I did all the OG stuff, the tactics from the Critical Reasoning bible I didn´t apply, I liked them but did not master them sufficiently, Is it necessary to do so ? Are they helpful ?

I would be really thankful if someone could give me advice on how I could structure a solid study plan based on what I have done so far and what my weaknesses are. I want to get to V38-39, and Q47-48 (I have 1-2 months time).

Thanks much in advance, :-D
Hafgola
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Status: I will not stop until i realise my goal which is my dream too
Schools: Johnson '15
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 16

Re: Non native seeks study plan improvement (Focus on Verbal) [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2011, 23:58
anyone here? i am also another profile who failed to score decently in GMAT due the less score in verbal...

Regards,
Harsha

Note: Give me kudos if my approach is right , else help me understand where i am missing.. I want to bell the GMAT Cat ;)

Satyameva Jayate - Truth alone triumphs

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Non native seeks study plan improvement (Focus on Verbal) [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 07:28
Same here. I scored Q49, V31 and I want to take get > 720 score...any help will be appreciated
Re: Non native seeks study plan improvement (Focus on Verbal)   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2011, 07:28